Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649]

Author Topic: Currently Reading  (Read 226136 times)

Brodeo

• In love with my best friend.
Re: Currently Reading
« Reply #9720 on: March 20, 2017, 08:28:47 AM »

GOOGLE THE WONDERFUL O. I READ IT AS A CHILD IT WAS MY FAVE.
I think I'm allergic to her, every time we speak my heart speeds up, my face turns red, my legs go numb and I can't think of anything to say.

Catvomitsky

• Make good choices
« Reply #9721 on: March 20, 2017, 08:34:32 AM »

That sOunds like an Outstandingly Original stOry

Brodeo

« Reply #9722 on: March 20, 2017, 08:41:13 AM »

Yur'e under arrest.
I think I'm allergic to her, every time we speak my heart speeds up, my face turns red, my legs go numb and I can't think of anything to say.

Catvomitsky

• Make good choices
« Reply #9723 on: March 20, 2017, 08:44:54 AM »

OOps

GreyCaboose

• haaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy gurl
« Reply #9724 on: April 05, 2017, 01:25:56 PM »

I just finished Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter! I enjoyed the book greatly!!
"Now that you're dead, what are you gonna do with your life?"

Kieya

• You're filled with determination
« Reply #9725 on: April 13, 2017, 06:33:07 AM »

I just finished reading Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth.
So much backlash on the book because of reasons such as racial stereotypes, and how it was boring overall.
:] I still liked it, it was a book that got me back to reading again
There is beauty in the world, shake your booty boys and girls

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #9726 on: May 03, 2017, 11:52:36 AM »

I'm reading The Hate U Give.
I read the first three chapters so far and it already has me teary.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #9727 on: May 10, 2017, 02:31:26 PM »

I'm reading the new Trials of Apollo book and while the newer books definitely aren't as good as the older ones I am still really digging Apollo's character arc. 'Cause like. He's a terrible person. And his punishment of becoming mortal is doing exactly what it's supposed to do (I mean. I think. It's possible Zeus just wanted to make him miserable) and he hasn't even realized it yet but so far I think he's on the path to and it's just really compelling to see a sympathetic character who's so far a bad person to realize that A) it's not okay for him to be a bad person and B) he has the potential to be a good person and then actually grow as a person and it's just. It's really good. Also the idea of taking someone who's defined himself by his power and abilities, taking those things from him, and forcing him to take a good hard look at who he is is great. Even if it turns out so far that he's a selfish, whiny brat with no self-awareness, now he gets a chance to be more without hiding behind godlyness.
Also on a different note the presenting of platonic relationships that not only are just as strong as romantic ones but are actually directly compared to romantic relationships as far as their emotional significance to Apollo
Basically even though the story isn't as good and the humor's getting a little tired after so many books I am loving this series thematically and I can't wait to see where it's going
Edit: You know what it is? It's a coming-of-age story. It's a coming-of-age story featuring a 4000-year-old god and I love it so much
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:34:58 PM by Panzercrappitastica »
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• Make good choices
« Reply #9728 on: May 10, 2017, 07:53:45 PM »

Ooh I love character arcs like that, I have to crack open my copy soon! I probably wint get to until after finals but I'm looking forward to it :D

Brodeo

« Reply #9729 on: May 10, 2017, 10:02:54 PM »

I'm reading the new Trials of Apollo book and while the newer books definitely aren't as good as the older ones I am still really digging Apollo's character arc. 'Cause like. He's a terrible person. And his punishment of becoming mortal is doing exactly what it's supposed to do (I mean. I think. It's possible Zeus just wanted to make him miserable) and he hasn't even realized it yet but so far I think he's on the path to and it's just really compelling to see a sympathetic character who's so far a bad person to realize that A) it's not okay for him to be a bad person and B) he has the potential to be a good person and then actually grow as a person and it's just. It's really good. Also the idea of taking someone who's defined himself by his power and abilities, taking those things from him, and forcing him to take a good hard look at who he is is great. Even if it turns out so far that he's a selfish, whiny brat with no self-awareness, now he gets a chance to be more without hiding behind godlyness.
Also on a different note the presenting of platonic relationships that not only are just as strong as romantic ones but are actually directly compared to romantic relationships as far as their emotional significance to Apollo
Basically even though the story isn't as good and the humor's getting a little tired after so many books I am loving this series thematically and I can't wait to see where it's going
Edit: You know what it is? It's a coming-of-age story. It's a coming-of-age story featuring a 4000-year-old god and I love it so much

HmmmMMMMMM...
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649]