Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Night  (Read 4254 times)

Nightwatcher

Re: Night
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 06:24:30 AM »

The people witnessing the Gaza bombings would disagree I would think, considering how much they're spamming the internet.
You're right. It's terrible how people can't shut-up about this and not spend two seconds to understand the situation. First, Israel isn't attacking Gaza, they are attacking the terrorist-group Hamas, which has been sending thousands of rockets towards Israel to destroy their towns, cities and people. When Israel launches a few rockets to destroy these Hamas bases to stop it, who get's blamed, Israel! The media is portraying Israel as the bad-guy and doesn't spend a second to try and condemn the anti-semetic views of Hamas, instead portraying them as the victims.

This is why I HATE the media today. All it does is blame, blame, and blame; bend the truth; and victimize/demonize the wrong parties in, not just this situation, but ALL global situations

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 01:53:08 PM »

Less blame, more targeted airstrikes.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 01:54:19 PM »

Well that's a bit overly exuberant but yeah, action needs to be taken more often and earlier. Just look at the mess In Ukraine.

Hiss.

Straif

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 01:55:03 PM »

I meant by Israel. They'd probably get a little less flak from the media if they weren't using the old-school tech they are.
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

BarkingLizards

• Call me Liz :)
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »

And yet they still aren't saying much about what's happening in Africa...
Hi! :D
I'm most definitely a girl.
Forum resident Scientist

Nightwatcher

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 04:59:57 AM »

I meant by Israel. They'd probably get a little less flak from the media if they weren't using the old-school tech they are.
Naturally... so where will they get the money or the support to get the new weapons? All the other nations know they ain't gonna use them for taffy-pulling.

Straif

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »

The Israli's have their own. They're not stupid, nor technologically incompetent. These are the people who created the SAR, the MTAR, the Galil and the Uzi. They have their own vehicles and their own missiles...
The question is why they aren't using them.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Nightwatcher

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 08:18:35 AM »

The Israli's have their own. They're not stupid, nor technologically incompetent. These are the people who created the SAR, the MTAR, the Galil and the Uzi. They have their own vehicles and their own missiles...
The question is why they aren't using them.
Because every other nation will willingly kick their ass and disown them to the streets if they dare. But there's also a more humanitarian side to it: despite all of what Hamas is doing to them, the Israelis are still willing to show mercy and restraint in this terrible situation. They are still willing to show mercy and not harm the innocent in Gaza and the West Bank like Hamas is doing to them... because that is wrong

Straif

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 09:56:53 AM »

Silver lining right?
Resident Halo Fanatic

Nightwatcher

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 12:25:42 AM »

Silver lining right?
not really... more real and definitive than that. It more along the lines of Faith and Responsibility

Straif

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »

Well potato, po-tato really. Same result no matter the equation
Resident Halo Fanatic

Nightwatcher

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 08:22:09 AM »

Well potato, po-tato really. Same result no matter the equation
an admirable belief... I don't agree with it because it can easily be twisted and perverted, but I can't argue with its logic in this peculiar situation.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 07:37:11 AM »

Straif, I've deleted your initial response to this topic, as it had been reported. If you feel the need to post insensitive garbage like that, then don't. Any more of that and I'll be suspending your account.

Now back to the initial conversation Kay-wa had when she posted this topic. Any more talk on how the author is "whiny" or the Holocaust "wasn't that bad", and I'll be a VERY unhappy mod.

kristina-la

• through your strength all my fears will fade away
    • tumblr
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »

I can't believe this conversation is even happening.

(And maybe just stay away from the Israel/Palestine topic because it is complicated and really can't be understood in terms of who is the 'bad guy')

Nightwatcher

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 12:38:49 AM »

It's funny you say that Kris because I feel that's really the root of all this misunderstanding and ignorance in the situation. People are viewing in a black-and-white, "good-or-bad" light. They're sense of morality is limited to you are wrong and I am right, which isn't true. To remain truly objective, its important to remember that there are grey areas of human morality.

Personally, I believe neither are the "bad guys." I merely believe that it is Israel on the self-defense for their nation and their way of life against and organization-- Hamas-- who feels that in order to make a greater, better world, they must perform these terrible acts. Subjectively and from experience, I feel that is unfortunate. However, we must remember that no one is merely waking up and thinking "I want to destroy the world today and be completely evil." No. It will always be, "I want to change the world for the better." Hamas merely believes that to do that and to make it "better," they must commit atrocity.

...sorry now this could end, I had a Didact moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3