Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Night  (Read 4256 times)

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
Re: Night
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 06:06:54 AM »

Haha, I got pulled out of retirement to address a report but it looks like everyone has everything in hand.

Back in my day political discussions on sensitive topics never ended well so I'd suggest you avoid them, although of course we cannot control that. Still, consider whether airing your political preferences, etc. is worth the response.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

Nightwatcher

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 01:09:56 AM »

Haha, I got pulled out of retirement to address a report but it looks like everyone has everything in hand.

Back in my day political discussions on sensitive topics never ended well so I'd suggest you avoid them, although of course we cannot control that. Still, consider whether airing your political preferences, etc. is worth the response.
I hear a Senior Moment coming on, Deca?  ;D XD XD

...it's just all a part of growing up I guess...

The Primal Song Continues

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »

I liked the book.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »

So I'm reading Night for school right now. It's kind of strange in that I'm not finding myself reacting much, because the scale and the awfulness of what happened is just too much for me to really comprehend. I know it's real, but I can't really make myself understand that it's real. There's a line somewhere between "awful" and "incomprehensible," and the Holocaust is just so far over that line I don't even know what to think or what to say.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 12:42:49 PM »

It's the difference between Voldemort and Umbridge.

And there are people trying to pretend that the Holocaust didn't happen.

Hiss.
Pages: 1 2 [3]