Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Uglies Movie Auditions - Idea?  (Read 3008 times)

Caroline

Uglies Movie Auditions - Idea?
« on: January 23, 2012, 06:25:46 AM »

Okay, before I start, I know that no one is even sure of the movie will be made.
HOWEVER.
I've seen so many people post about being interested in auditioning if the film was to be chosen. I would love to as well! The sad thing is, I'm sure auditions would be held in California, where as I live across the country. So I was thinking, how awesome would it be if there was some way to post a monologue/face shot for the "audition" on here? I know it's a little far-fetched, but if the movie was to be produced, anyone could try out, especially us fans!
I just thought I'd share. I know there are flaws to the idea, but I want to know if other people would be interested if that was to happen! Any other ideas?
"What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful." -David, "Uglies"

Noelle-wa

• Stay icy my friends.
Re: Uglies Movie Auditions - Idea?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:49:18 PM »

I wish!! That would be sooooooo intense  8)
~Noelle~ :D

"The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant"
-The one and only, Doctor

"Are you a fan of delicious flavor?"
YES. YES I AM.

shay-la

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

I WANT TO AUDITION FOR FAUSTO! I'm pretty sure he's not even introduced until Pretties, but still. Plus, becoming a Cutter in Specials would be AMAZING. ;D

Caroline

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:50:16 AM »

It would be cool! So you guys agree that it would be great if there was a way to audition on here? :)
"What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful." -David, "Uglies"

Noelle-wa

• Stay icy my friends.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:36:59 PM »

Yeah!!

"The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant"

YES. YES I AM.

Abby-la

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 07:25:16 AM »

yesssssssssssssss

Chloe-wa the Cutter

• Beware the Nargles! O.O
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 03:29:03 AM »

Most definitely!! That would be absolutely fabulous. I mean I probably won't audition but still.... It'd be nice :)
There are no raindrops on roses and girls in white dresses it's sleeping with roaches and taking best guesses at the shade of the sheets and before all the stains and a few more of your least favorite things.

Ray-la

• I can't wait till the hunger games movie!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 04:03:22 AM »

It would be cool 8)
Frightingly beautiful.
Dangerously strong.
Breathtakingly fast.

Paris - Sensei

• I'm a dancer at heart :D
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

They better have an open audition. If they don't I think we should form an angry mob lol! 
"Two words for ya, Stu - Pid!"
~Unknown

Life is like a book, Too bad I wrote in pen so I cant erase my mistakes...
~me :)

Noelle-wa

• Stay icy my friends.
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »

I know right!! I'm with ya  ;)

YES. YES I AM.

Reenie-La

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 05:47:50 AM »

Let's form an angry mob anyway!
Yay for angry mobs!!! >;'D

*grabs pitchfork*

Lisa-wa

• SparsileStars YouTube
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 07:10:51 AM »

I completely and totally agree!  I would LOVE to be part of the movie (as a movie extra even) if I could!!  In an ideal world, I wish I were either Aya Fuse or Shay in the movie...

I am completely for an angry mob one way or another... always wanted to be in one of those...

Open auditions online / YouTube would be the BEST!!  I really hope that people can look past "big names" to search for TALENT:)

How do you think they will "transform" the actors / actresses from Uglies / Pretties / Specials??  Maybe a combination between digital special effects, make-up, wardrobe, and special effects make-up...

Any other ideas??

Shaelyn-Wa

• Let the beauty we love become the good we do.
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 10:03:25 AM »

You may be on to something....But how could we contact Scott?  Actually I fit the decription of Tally-Wa EXACTLY. So I'd be really excited.
Love is not blind. It is the person that is blinded by love.~~~Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point.

Shaelyn-Wa

• Let the beauty we love become the good we do.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 12:10:28 PM »

How they'll transform them? ahh. they would have to use ALOT of make up work. Thats about it.
Love is not blind. It is the person that is blinded by love.~~~Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point.