Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: So when I read Extras...  (Read 1043 times)

Zoey-la

So when I read Extras...
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm new here by the way ;D
So when I started reading Extras I was so...MAD
. I had fallen in love with Tally in the past three books that I didn't care about this Aya girl. I kept thinking "where's tally? Wheeeeeerrrrrrreeeeee?"
Tally is so much more... Unpredictable than Aya. But! Before you go rant on me about hating Aya, I finally got into the book. She was just so like everyone in the modern day. To me , Aya is like today, trying to fit in and be heard and looked at. And Tally is like... Incredibly futuristic! It's like you want to know her every move and what she's going to do next. I started to feel the same way about Aya! I think what I'm really trying to say is that I shouldnt've given up on Aya so easily like that :) So forum... I'm sorry. Forgive me?
~~My best friend is Ninja-la! Be nice to her!(:~~

Noelle-wa

• Stay icy my friends.
Re: So when I read Extras...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:58:32 PM »

Hi newbie!!  :D
That's kinda funny, cause when I first started reading Extras, I didn't really like it that much either, but then it grew towards me~ I decided I liked Aya more than Tally (in the last book, ONLY). In Extras, Tally was kinda a b****. Haha, even though I loved her in the others. Aya didn't seem like a strong character until the action really picked up.
But don't worry! I totally forgive you  ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:00:16 PM by Noelle-wa »
~Noelle~ :D

"The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant"
-The one and only, Doctor

"Are you a fan of delicious flavor?"
YES. YES I AM.

Zoey-la

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »

Yeah agreed about Tally being kind of a bitch in the past few books! Her icy mind can get a little too icy at times :)
I talked to some of my friends who have read the book and they said the same thing! It's hard to get into for some because your so used to Tally and the story TOTALLY changed!
But to me it was one of the best books out of them all :D
~~My best friend is Ninja-la! Be nice to her!(:~~

Noelle-wa

• Stay icy my friends.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »

Haha yeah, I agree!!
~Noelle~ :D

"The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant"
-The one and only, Doctor

"Are you a fan of delicious flavor?"
YES. YES I AM.

glass_breaker97

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »

I didn't dislike Extras as much as you did, but it was quite a jump from the Tally storyline.

I agree about her "icy" mind, but at least it's closer to the fiesty, original Tally.
Was the smile you saw today real? or just a mask?

alext1009

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »

Hey! More newbies!! Welcome! Anyways Scott shouldn't have writen the book. Yeah, i got into it but ut wasn't right. He should have stopped with Specials. Aya should be in herbown story.... not with Tally. but i was always a Shay, David, or Zane person....