Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Team Zane Thread!!  (Read 9529 times)

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
Re: Team Zane Thread!!
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »

I read Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity too, but then it got really complicated and kind of convenient. I also didn't like the other ones as much... I think WL was the best. It was so amazing that it's a hard act to follow.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2012, 11:11:09 AM »

It was amazing, although honestly, I think Darkest Mercy is my favorite. It's the last one, truly one of the best endings to a book series that I have ever read. Anyway, Zane rules! Oh and have you read Divergent yet?

**WESTERFORUM RESIDENT KING OF LOGIC**

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »

I paged through Darkest Mercy to see what happened. The ending, although possible, seemed so... convenient, you know? Everyone nicely paired up and packaged? I guess I'm just used to Scott screwing over his romantic leads.

No. Is it good? I've heard mixed reviews and never gotten my hands on a copy. I just FINALLY read Good Omens though, which was fantastic.

Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2012, 11:18:14 AM »

I am a very tough on Dystopian novels because they are my favorites, but I found it to be one of the best in our generation of Dystopian novels. Keep in mind that this is just with one book so far, but if the writing stays consistant then I think it surpasses Hunger Games, for me at least.

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »

Guess I'll look for it sometime.

Unfortunately, since dystopia became popular, everyone's been doing the cheap knockoff version and it's becoming cliche.

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »

Uh huh. And that is why I've become VERY picky about my Dystopias. Every is doing the fight to the death stuff(like Hunger Games or Battle Royale) and the trapped and forced to survive(like Maze Runner). But I do have some high hopes, there are a couple books on my to read list that are a bit Dystopic(I don't think that's a word, but oh well). Scored(basically it's a "big brother is watching and your whole life is a test that you will be ranked on" thing) and then there's Starters(talking about body renting and very futuristic stuff), both are fresh ideas and seem to be genuine, but I will see when I read them. Anyways, ZAAAAANNNNNNNEEEEE!

Maximum Ride

• BACK THE TRUCK UP!
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2012, 02:51:01 AM »

go zane!

RAVENCLAW!!!11!@1!!@1!!@1!!!1!1111!!!

Shax

« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »

What no David wins!!!
love the pic :) and nope zane all the way

trueUgly

« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »

David does not get his own thread unless Zane does also. :P
What no David wins!!!
love the pic :) and nope zane all the way

Zane is totally the best! I mean, who doesn't love his personality? Totally bubbly... And besides, David never told Tally that he loved her, But Zane did...
Back me down from backing up,
hold your breath, now it's stacking up!
Edged with mocks but I can deal,
and you're the problem and you can feel... - Dude, this must have been EXACTLY what Zane was thinking during Specials!

Seth-la

• I made this for you!!!
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2012, 12:07:46 PM »

REALLY?!? I didn't know that, you think I would have known that for my counter arguments against Team David members but I didn't know it.

trueUgly

« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »

REALLY?!? I didn't know that, you think I would have known that for my counter arguments against Team David members but I didn't know it.
You really didn't notice that? That's almost my best point in the David VS. Zane topic... Considering "I love you" is said only twice in the series, (Zane to Tally, Tally to David, but as a message from his mom, ouch) It was kinda hard for me to miss...
Back me down from backing up,
hold your breath, now it's stacking up!
Edged with mocks but I can deal,
and you're the problem and you can feel... - Dude, this must have been EXACTLY what Zane was thinking during Specials!

Shax

« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2012, 11:16:46 PM »

im about to rip my hair out!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]