Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Question  (Read 7662 times)

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
Re: Question
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »

HAHA! Yes I know you have but, it was for the unknowing masses :)
Forum resident Mayday Parade fangirl and Darwinist Monarch

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE
I play the Romeo/you play the Juliet- Of Mice and Men
we could sit around and cry but frankly you aren't worth it any more/such a simple little whore- Mayday Parade

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »

Ah...well, lets hope some of them read your stuff.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

gavinfuzzy

• "I Shall Stand... ...The Rest Shall Fall"
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2012, 05:47:06 PM »

Good...you are of clearer mind then most fanfic readers. They read stuff on FF.N and instantly think it's the fo real deal. No. It's not. And honestly, I think that's part of the reason I can't read Orion. Leviathan ended with Goliath. Simple as that. Well, except for the "cough" bonus chapter, but that was just an excuse to put Alek in a dress and do some fanservice to some Texan idiots who made a in-real-life huxley out of ballons and streamers.

Finally I found someone who shares my view  ;D
Well, the only fan -fic I accept is Transformers. Well, after 28 years of writing, some of the "official" stories and comics do get rather facepalm...
Please hold while I create a new sig~

Check out my Deviant Art too ^_^ http://gavinlimkj.deviantart.com/

Daft_Prince

• Also known elsewhere as BowlerFish
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »

I agree that Leviathan ended with Goliath. I don't see why that stops me from enjoying fanfiction. I don't consider anything there to be canon

Straif

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2012, 12:43:59 AM »

[/quote]
Finally I found someone who shares my view  ;D
Well, the only fan -fic I accept is Transformers. Well, after 28 years of writing, some of the "official" stories and comics do get rather facepalm...
[/quote]

Yeah, Tranformers is one of those series where its sometimes hard to tell the difference between actual stories and what are basically accended fanfictions.

And Daft_Prince: I still do enjoy them. I DON'T enjoy people who take them far to seriously, as if they are actually canon. Which you obviously don't. Very good.
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

gavinfuzzy

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2012, 12:44:55 AM »

Seriously please write a 4th book, I see room for expansion, probably post WW1, like in the zoo or something. It would be hard to match the content of Goliath though, It is the thickest book I own, albeit the font is rather huge, with buttloads of pictures in between....

Straif

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2012, 12:55:14 AM »

I'd like another one too, but Westerfeld made it pretty clear that he was done with the series. I think he wanted to right more, but it just wasn't as popular as it should have been. Well, one thing for that (starts sharpening knifes and starving Throwing Sharks) I'm going to go murder some Twilight fans.
Nah, kidding.
Though, honestly, where would he go with the fourth book? I doubt you guys want to read about Alek and Deryn doing stuff for Barlow. At least, I know I don't. All the good stuff (read: THE ENTIRNY OF WWI) has been cut off thanks to the Leviathan. There might not even be a second World War in this one, which sucks, because then my Grandpa will never be deployed to the Phillipines, never have the life-changing experence he had there that made him marry my grandma, which will mean my mom will never be born, which means I WONT BE BORN. Thanks Westerfeld.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2012, 05:41:26 AM »

I'd like another one too, but Westerfeld made it pretty clear that he was done with the series. I think he wanted to right more, but it just wasn't as popular as it should have been. Well, one thing for that (starts sharpening knifes and starving Throwing Sharks) I'm going to go murder some Twilight fans.
Nah, kidding.
Though, honestly, where would he go with the fourth book? I doubt you guys want to read about Alek and Deryn doing stuff for Barlow. At least, I know I don't. All the good stuff (read: THE ENTIRNY OF WWI) has been cut off thanks to the Leviathan. There might not even be a second World War in this one, which sucks, because then my Grandpa will never be deployed to the Phillipines, never have the life-changing experence he had there that made him marry my grandma, which will mean my mom will never be born, which means I WONT BE BORN. Thanks Westerfeld.
You are the weakest link goodbye! Wait...then my grandmother wouldn't hav been sent to a consentration camp...then she wouldn't have meet my grandfather in the post liberation deportation to the dislocated peoples camp...
Forum resident Mayday Parade fangirl and Darwinist Monarch

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE
I play the Romeo/you play the Juliet- Of Mice and Men
we could sit around and cry but frankly you aren't worth it any more/such a simple little whore- Mayday Parade

Straif

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »

No camp; good
Not meeting your grandpa...bad.
Resident Halo Fanatic

gavinfuzzy

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2012, 08:09:27 PM »

Nah, kidding.

Stuff would probably find a way into existence. I'm not just refering to the 4th book but well, well, if WWII never took place, you would still probably be born in one way or another. Just don't think about it, it'll make your mind hurt trying to inception yourself.  ;D Like how I occasionally think what it would be like if the milky way did not exists. Just think about the vastness of our universe, and that's just 8 planets in the milky way, 1 small galaxy compared the the vastness of space around us, that we would never know what is beyond our galaxy. It make your head hurt. XD 

Also, I think if Scott  really wanted, he could write about a 4th book. Stuff seems impossible or highly unlikely to work out till we attempt them. 

deathchicken

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »

WW2 better happen.

gavinfuzzy

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2012, 10:50:41 PM »

WW2 better happen.

It happenED. My country was invaded by the Japanese for a few years at that time...

Straif

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2012, 01:16:16 AM »

Nah, kidding.

Stuff would probably find a way into existence. I'm not just refering to the 4th book but well, well, if WWII never took place, you would still probably be born in one way or another. Just don't think about it, it'll make your mind hurt trying to inception yourself.  ;D Like how I occasionally think what it would be like if the milky way did not exists. Just think about the vastness of our universe, and that's just 8 planets in the milky way, 1 small galaxy compared the the vastness of space around us, that we would never know what is beyond our galaxy. It make your head hurt. XD 

Also, I think if Scott  really wanted, he could write about a 4th book. Stuff seems impossible or highly unlikely to work out till we attempt them.

Okay, let me think....owowowowoowowowow okay, stopping now. Why am I seeing never-ending staircases and a British guy? And ah yes, the mind-breaking vastness of space. How I love it so.
You're probably right.
Resident Halo Fanatic

gavinfuzzy

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2012, 01:57:43 AM »

Nah, kidding.

Okay, let me think....owowowowoowowowow okay, stopping now. Why am I seeing never-ending staircases and a British guy? And ah yes, the mind-breaking vastness of space. How I love it so.
You're probably right.

I'm Asian. *insert all the asian memes here*  ;D

Straif

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2012, 02:00:04 AM »

I honestly don't know any Asian memes...wait, do you play any Blizzard games?
Resident Halo Fanatic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7