Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]

Author Topic: The Unpopular Opinion Book Group  (Read 32118 times)

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
Re: The Unpopular Opinion Book Group
« Reply #825 on: October 08, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »

I was 9 when the last PJO book came out :P

Yeah, one of the things I really loved about the originals was how it introduced the reader to all these wonderfully rich myths in a funny and accessible way. Now I feel like it's kind of...less about that and more so just falling back on a familiar world building style. I honestly really liked The Lost Hero when it came out, maybe more than some of the originals, but I feel like the series petered out a little at the end.

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #826 on: May 01, 2017, 05:58:55 PM »

Woah never saw this until now but YES I AGREE. I will probably be buried with all of my Rick Riordan books because Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles changed my life and I will read literally anything he publishes, but his writing doesn't grab me like it used to. Which is probably why I'm so slow to buy his books after they come out, I don't have the care anymore to preorder everything he writes a year before its published just because nothing about it is really what I originally fell in love with in Percy Jackson. Even Heroes of Olympus was extremely subpar and there's actually a lot about it that I hated.
But literally I would still die for Uncle Rick because he literally gave me everything.

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #827 on: May 01, 2017, 08:43:49 PM »

Uncle Rick

Hiss.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]