Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Emerging Lurker!  (Read 1907 times)

LexaJ

Emerging Lurker!
« on: May 11, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »

Hi everyone. ^_^

I'm obviously new here, but I've been lurking around Westerblog and Westerforum for quite a while. I just sent in my recent Deryn cosplay, so thought I'd make a forum account and introduce myself. =]

So. I'm Alexa. I'm 16 (almost 17) and a sophomore in high school. I read the Uglies series back in 6th grad and loved it a lot. I read the majority of the Midnighter's series, but kinda fell out of that one. I couldn't get through Peeps or So Yesterday either, and was giving up hope in Scott-la's books when I found Leviathan.

Well, that's a lie. I found Behemoth.

True story: I found Behemoth at my school's library. It was the only one in that series they had. I read the ENTIRE thing, closed the book, and saw the words on the cover, "The second in the Leviathan Trilogy". And I was like...FML. =p That was about this time last year. I got Goliath immediately when it came out and only recently finished the first book. I've finished the entire series, am rooting for a fourth book but am currently occupying myself with fanfiction and fanart, and am currently reading book one to my grandmother (who is almost blind and can't read it herself.)

Aren't I a good person? XD
~Alexa

One Person

• Good. I'm always good.
Re: Emerging Lurker!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »

HOOAH!!
I'm a Bandit of this forum!

deathchicken

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »

Wazup!

Bramblepool

• I <3 Lavi
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:08:43 PM »

HIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!   I'm bramblepool as my username located to the upper left of this post conveniently notifies you.  But I'm also known as bramchan and guavasauce.  Welcome to the forum!  Btw there's no way you're more obsessed with leviathan than me.
One by one, they ran away.  With their made up minds to leave it all behind, as the light began to fade from the city on the hill.

Trample the weak, hurtle the dead.

Mmmmmm Norwegian deer liver.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

I wouldn't push people I DONT like down a hill.

LexaJ

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 12:28:20 AM »

HIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!   I'm bramblepool as my username located to the upper left of this post conveniently notifies you.  But I'm also known as bramchan and guavasauce.  Welcome to the forum!  Btw there's no way you're more obsessed with leviathan than me.

I never said I was. =p I do believe I'm quite up there, though. XD

gavinfuzzy

• "I Shall Stand... ...The Rest Shall Fall"
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 12:57:28 AM »

Wow. You are reading it to your grandmother? Nice! and thoughtful too. XD

My school library has no books... I came across Leviathan by searching "Steampunk books" on google. Now that I own all 3, I actually recall picking up Behemoth tons of times at public libraries, for some reason it did not appeal to me then... heh.  :)
Please hold while I create a new sig~

Check out my Deviant Art too ^_^ http://gavinlimkj.deviantart.com/

Bramblepool

• I <3 Lavi
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »

I never said I was. =p I do believe I'm quite up there, though. XD

Good.  Veeeeerry good.
One by one, they ran away.  With their made up minds to leave it all behind, as the light began to fade from the city on the hill.

Trample the weak, hurtle the dead.

Mmmmmm Norwegian deer liver.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

I wouldn't push people I DONT like down a hill.

alext1009

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »

Hi. I'm Lexa.... yes Lexa. Trying to steel my name XD Jk. Anyways finish Midnighters. It's worth it women! Anyway have fun! You'll see me around. Pm me if you have any questions.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 03:25:24 PM »

HAI! I'm Clare, or Middy. I've only read the Leviathan series and part of Uglies...mostly because whenever I start Uglies I can only think about Leviathan and how much more I like it <.< Anywayyyyyyyyyys I saw your cosplay, and got really excited because I intend to do one too :D

WELCOME

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Reenie-La

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »

Welcome!!! :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:21:55 PM by Schade »