Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 337

Author Topic: CONFESSIONS (FRIVOLOUS)  (Read 160458 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: CONFESSIONS (FRIVOLOUS)
« Reply #2460 on: February 19, 2016, 06:53:43 AM »

Rosaline was a nun, Romeo had no chance with her. He just would have pined longer before he found some other girl. Possibly at the same party ::)
Edit: Actually Mercutio and Tybalt would have died even if Romeo and Juliet never met. That was because of the crush on Rosaline D:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:55:46 AM by Panzercrappitastica »
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #2461 on: February 19, 2016, 07:35:09 AM »

Wait how did they die again?

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #2462 on: February 19, 2016, 07:36:56 AM »

Tybalt saw Romeo at the Capulet party (which he was at to see Rosaline), got mad that there was a Montague at the party and insulted Romeo the next day, Mercutio got mad on Romeo's behalf and fought Tybalt, died, and Romeo killed Tybalt for revenge.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #2463 on: February 19, 2016, 09:56:15 AM »

Oh. Well. Things may have gone differently if Romeo didn't get infatuated with girls he didn't know so easily ::)

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #2464 on: February 19, 2016, 01:03:19 PM »

Friv. confession; my anth teacher told us how to get to the brain in a human skull to leave it in tact to eat it. Gotta love cannibalism.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #2465 on: February 19, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »

Why are you learning how to do that? XD

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #2466 on: February 19, 2016, 03:20:10 PM »

Because we were talking about the first recorded act of cannibalism performed by Homo habilis and it was very important that we knew how they reached the brains ::)

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #2467 on: February 19, 2016, 03:20:47 PM »

That sounds like a fun class ::)

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #2468 on: February 19, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »

I think so  ;D

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
« Reply #2469 on: February 19, 2016, 04:07:43 PM »

I wanna take anth now, that sounds fun!

Friv. Confession: Okay so I listened to the last few songs in Hamilton because I'd been saving them to listen when I had time (and now probably wasn't the time lol I have 2 essays due tomorrow) and I can only remember crying harder than this once. This is the most moving performance I've ever had the pleasure of becoming invested in. It draws you in with an interesting music and storytelling style, entices with humor and wit, and slowly becomes darker and darker with betrayals of trust and death, before trying to resurface and leaving the listener with a feeling of bittersweet melancholy and nostalgia for someone they never even knew. It leaves the audience wondering how they will be remembered and what legacy they will leave, when Hamilton - an absolute genius, a borderline senselessly driven and stubborn man, and the builder of the revolutionary economic system that made the United States the most successful post-colonial government the world has ever seen - is only remembered as a bullet wound. I've only started being more interested in American history this year, but it provides such a human angle to these events we've heard about over and over, and I really think it could win over someone who has no interest whatsoever in American history. It is layered with more intricately laced symbolism than To Kill a Mockingbird that foreshadows the future and threads the events all together. The music and stage direction are equally as intentional, repeating themes and motifs more than any stage play I've ever seen has, but still managing to be subtle enough with it at times that one only notices the repetition of a melody halfway through. Not to mention how beautifully composed it is - as a musician and aspiring songwriter, I already know I cannot approach Hamilton's level of brilliance anytime soon. I've loved many musicals in my life, but they seem incredibly shallow when compared to Hamilton.

Idk, I just really love Hamilton and if anyone is considering listening through it/buying tickets for it I cannot recommend it more strongly. Though it might not seem it at first, it easily matches or surpasses the hype it's been receiving. 
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #2470 on: February 19, 2016, 04:15:34 PM »

Do you know where I can find the lyrics to the songs? Because I really will not be able to listen to them without reading along.

- Catvomitsky

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
« Reply #2471 on: February 19, 2016, 04:18:27 PM »

http://genius.com/albums/Lin-manuel-miranda/Hamilton-original-broadway-cast-recording

Here ya go! And this version is annotated, so you can also see the symbolism as you read along!
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #2472 on: February 19, 2016, 04:22:32 PM »

Thanks! I'll try to listen to it over the weekend. Probably won't. But I'll at least start :P

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #2473 on: February 19, 2016, 05:16:30 PM »

I wanna take anth now, that sounds fun!
Everyone should take an anth class tbh

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #2474 on: February 19, 2016, 11:21:27 PM »

My stomach and torso feels like it's bruised but I have no idea why. Is my mind playing tricks on me? Did a million tiny fairies punch me in my sleep? Is there some sort of alien egg or something inside me that's causing this pain? What is going on :o
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 337