Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 341

Author Topic: CONFESSIONS (FRIVOLOUS)  (Read 375986 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: CONFESSIONS (FRIVOLOUS)
« Reply #4875 on: November 14, 2018, 05:55:28 PM »

So I am 100% not trying to scare you off because tattoos are awesome but when people who aren’t scared of needles say it’s not that bad, they mean it doesn’t hurt that bad which is true, but I got so anxious I threw up so like,, have something soothing with you I guess?? I think I would’ve been fine if I’d been prepared to be so freaked out but the only warning I had was a bunch of people telling me it didn’t hurt that badly so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #4876 on: November 14, 2018, 06:01:01 PM »

See here’s the thing. It’s not the pain I’m afraid of. I’m sure that I’ve been in way worse pain when I had internal bleeding a few years back than I would be over a tattoo or getting a needle. It’s the actual needle that freaks me out, and ink going into the skin. I have this phobia of stuff going into skin. It would irk me to no end when kids would take their poppies around Remembrance Day (Canadian Veterans Day I believe) and pin it through the top layer of their skin. It’s the same reason I have no piercings. I just really don’t like stuff visibly penetrating my skin
Member since April 24th 2010

GeeBeezy

« Reply #4877 on: November 14, 2018, 10:35:29 PM »

You know what? I think I'll just check in on the frivolous confessions thread to see what's going on in ther-

It would irk me to no end when kids would take their poppies around Remembrance Day (Canadian Veterans Day I believe) and pin it through the top layer of their skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leSj7SVX_dg

抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

All of human history is alcohol and horses.

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

Seek and ye shall find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4878 on: November 14, 2018, 11:40:44 PM »

It isn't a needle like one you have for shots or even like needles on pins though. I mean it is, but at least for me you don't see it and it's not even remotely like it's going into the skin it's just kinda punching the skin rlly rlly fast.
Idk, I was worried about the needles the first time I got a tattoo (almost 6 years ago now WOW) but for me I didn't even realize it was a needle.

Higher, further, faster

Julia the Bookworm

« Reply #4879 on: November 15, 2018, 12:33:01 AM »

I don't have any tattoos but I do have earlobe piercings and those don't really hurt that much, and this is coming from someone who has a really low pain threshold. It basically felt like a paper cut and it didn't sting until a few minutes after I got the piercings done

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #4880 on: November 15, 2018, 03:24:01 AM »

See here’s the thing. It’s not the pain I’m afraid of. I’m sure that I’ve been in way worse pain when I had internal bleeding a few years back than I would be over a tattoo or getting a needle. It’s the actual needle that freaks me out, and ink going into the skin. I have this phobia of stuff going into skin. It would irk me to no end when kids would take their poppies around Remembrance Day (Canadian Veterans Day I believe) and pin it through the top layer of their skin. It’s the same reason I have no piercings. I just really don’t like stuff visibly penetrating my skin
No that’s what I mean, I have the same phobia (same hat!), and that was what made me anxious. It isn’t like a shot needle which got me hopeful but the Anxiety Remained, for me at least
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #4881 on: November 15, 2018, 05:17:45 AM »

@Besley - wait did nobody ever do this around you before? This was like the number one source of entertainment during class between Nov 1 and Nov 11 for kids in school here.

@Pan & Clare - thanks for that. That actually helps knowing you guys are irked too but that it wasn’t a problem.

GeeBeezy

« Reply #4882 on: November 15, 2018, 11:20:50 AM »

@Besley - wait did nobody ever do this around you before? This was like the number one source of entertainment during class between Nov 1 and Nov 11 for kids in school here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leSj7SVX_dg

抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

All of human history is alcohol and horses.

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

Seek and ye shall find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #4883 on: November 15, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »

I understand that 100%!! I have a huge phobia of medical stuff going into my skin - Like the idea of needles and tubes and liquids and stuff would make me cry and get so bad I'd have to be restrained to get vaccines. It was totally irrational and I knew it, but like, my body would just not agree with my brain?
I've been on anxiety meds for a while and I can now comfortably get shots without anxiety, but I totally understand the struggle. I think tattoos are cool and I'd love one in the future!

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #4884 on: November 15, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »

Wow I'm honestly a little overwhelmed by the fact that other people share this fear so much XD irl people just tell me I'm being weird. I've never actually met someone with the same fear

Catvomitsky

• I'm pro-opera and I vote
« Reply #4885 on: November 15, 2018, 12:15:01 PM »

I used to have a really bad fear of needles and medical stuff when I was a kid too but I had to deal with it so much that I basically grew out of it. I’d love to get a tattoo too but I don’t know of what. Same as you, I’d want it to be meaningful, not arbitrary or a tattoo just for its own sake

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #4886 on: November 15, 2018, 12:15:26 PM »

Wow I'm honestly a little overwhelmed by the fact that other people share this fear so much XD irl people just tell me I'm being weird. I've never actually met someone with the same fear

Me neither!! I remember my parents and people telling me like 'Oh, I know it's scary - Just don't look at the needle!' Like um yes hello the needle is still there ready to inject even if i cannot see it I have object permanence u know

Catvomitsky

• I'm pro-opera and I vote
« Reply #4887 on: November 15, 2018, 12:18:54 PM »

^yeah that. It’s an instinctual reaction to a particularly unnerving type of threat and it’s really hard to control esp as a kid

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #4888 on: November 15, 2018, 12:25:31 PM »

Yo my favourite was when the nurse wouldn't listen to me when I was explaining what the problem was and she was like "sweetie, don't worry, we all get nervous about the pain" even though I had told her that wasn't it, and I was kinda like b*tch no it's not about the pain, it's about the f*cking thing that's about to go under my skin. She just kinda looked at me and then said "just close your eyes and don't worry" in the sweetest voice and I just about knocked everything over because she wasn't listening and wasn't even attempting to understand.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #4889 on: November 15, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »

yeah

Like I remember I needed to get my blood tested for diabetes a year ago and the advice I was given was to listen to music and not look at the needle, and all I remember is my mom holding me down on a table while a nurse shoved a needle into my arm while I had 'Africa' by Toto on full blast in my earphones in an attempt to calm myself down.

Needless to say, I still cried and panicked and 'Africa' by Toto never felt so sinister,
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 341