Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Music for scenes in Uglies  (Read 8250 times)

eviethecyborg

Music for scenes in Uglies
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:13:26 AM »

What music do you think would go well with some of the scenes in Uglies, if/when it's made into a movie?

To start off, I was thinking the song "Popular" by The Veronicas (go on, look it up xD) could be playing at the party Tally crashes in the beginning when she's looking for Peris.

kjhgdhhp.

• So it's been a while huh?
Re: Music for scenes in Uglies
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:57:11 AM »

Well after being entranced by your Avatar and almost killing myself laughing I would like to put forward Belle & Sebastian (I've mentioned this ons Scott's blog) tho i can't remeber the best song... will get back with that :)

and i'll check out your choice :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

edit: End credit song for the movie, Sleep the Clock Around by Belle & Sebastian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_rrgXCjr0M with lyrics http://www.metrolyrics.com/sleep-the-clock-around-lyrics-belle-and-sebastian.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:36:41 AM by kjhgdhhp. »

eviethecyborg

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 11:33:58 PM »

Haha thanks XD

Whoah. The lyrics really go with it 0.0 'Specially with lines like "read the letter you got from the memory girl" and "But the people are living faraway from this place, where you wanted to help, it's a bit of  waste." and "There's a lot to be done but your head is still young" and and "could this be the time when somebody with come to say, look at yourself, you're not much use to anyone.."

Holy bajeebas XD Geniusss!

kjhgdhhp.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:31:53 AM »

That song you picked is PERFECT!! It gave me a mental image of an overhead view of New Pretty Town, panning along, and then zooming in and following Tally as she sneakily moves about in the shadows and into the Mansion =D

The makers of this movie (fingers crossed) should really hand over the music work to the fans ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

eviethecyborg

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »

Eeee I'm glad you think so! It did the same for me =D

They should! Absolutely. Music can either do a lot of good for a movie, or, you know, destroy it entirely. The fans are the ones who know exactly what kind of stuff it needs ^_^

Another song suggestion: Postal Service- This place is a prison. I'm not sure which part this could go with though.

kjhgdhhp.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:25:05 AM »

OMFG WOW!!!! I don't think it goes well with Uglies but if they ever make Pretties I will hunt down the sound guy and threaten him with bubbleheaded surge if they don't include that in the soundtrack!!

It fits right in when Tally is saying bogus things but doesn't know why... reminded me of the roof scene when we first meet Zane :)

I was going to post some of the lyrics, then after i'd decided which ones I realised I'd only left out a line... and I thought posting the entire song might be a bit too much =p

IF ANYONE READS THIS LISTEN TO THAT SONG!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

eviethecyborg

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 05:38:09 AM »

I know!! xD It's amazinggg. I completely agree :)

Nina-Chan

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 06:10:49 AM »

for specials: shes a rebel-green day

shes a rebel
shes a saint
shes the salt of the earth
and shes dangerrous

as well as the entire song

kjhgdhhp.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 06:46:03 AM »

Nice, awesome song for Specials :) :) :)

And damn, listening to Green Day brought me back... My first ever Gig... *wipes tear from eye* ;D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nina-Chan

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 07:40:10 AM »

Nice, awesome song for Specials :) :) :)

And damn, listening to Green Day brought me back... My first ever Gig... *wipes tear from eye* ;D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
what do you mean?

kjhgdhhp.

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 07:44:19 AM »

Green Day was the first band I ever saw live in concert (i.e. the first Gig I ever went to) :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nina-Chan

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 07:53:27 AM »

Green Day was the first band I ever saw live in concert (i.e. the first Gig I ever went to) :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
oh awesome!

kjhgdhhp.

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 07:56:20 AM »

I always thought Gig was a generic term around the world, guess not though... *shouts at top of voice* IF THERE'S ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE!! DO YOU USE THE WORD GIG?? (and no that doesn't mean you Chloe-wa, I know you will =P)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nina-Chan

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 07:57:45 AM »

I always thought Gig was a generic term around the world, guess not though... *shouts at top of voice* IF THERE'S ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE!! DO YOU USE THE WORD GIG?? (and no that doesn't mean you Chloe-wa, I know you will =P)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i think it is one of the many UK things
i thoought a gig was when an unkniown band played

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 08:04:05 AM »

i know it doesnt mean me, but yes i use gig  :D  i thought everyone did, it surprises me how many things are just used in the UK
wow, i love green day, they must have been amazing live
my first gig was so embarassing, it can't even be called a gig, i was 5 and forced my mum and nan to take me and my sister to see Daniel O'Donnell because for some reason i loved him... my second gig wasn't much better, that was Westlife, who i also loved at the time  :-[ 
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent
Pages: [1] 2 3 4