Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Am i the only one who hates HG?  (Read 9793 times)

Go_Clanker

• Austria's Third Stormwalker Division
Re: Am i the only one who hates HG?
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »

i play on PC mostly.
"Eddie Malone. Reporter from the New York World."

"Mmm, Constantinople."

Starbuck

• Resident pilot
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2012, 11:23:57 PM »

minecraft is epic. I blay BSGO and gmod on my PC.

TractionEra

• Half-truths Are Fun!
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »

I was just about to put something like what you said Traction, thanks for saving me the time. Oh and then don't forget after they release all the DLC they want to put out they put out the SAME game except with all the DLC and call it Game of the Year Edition regardless of whether it's been named that by any reviewer or whether it's been released for a year or not. Basically it's the "The way we should have released the game" edition.

I don't mind the practice of releasing GotY and "Ultimate" Editions of games so long as the extra content consists of add-ons rather than unlockable content that was on the original disk. The only publisher who I know of that releases a GotYE that is basically a "how it should have been" Edition is Capcom. Beth is very good about their GotYE's and DLC practices in general and Activision has the decency to have actual add-ons (however overpriced they may be).

I love Minecraft. I've had it since Beta 1.2 on my PC. I play more on the Xbox version right now, tho, while I wait for mods to update to 1.3.

gavinfuzzy

• "I Shall Stand... ...The Rest Shall Fall"
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2012, 12:42:20 AM »

Meanwhile: *idontgetit* i dont play video games, so it does not affect me. Lol. Really, i dont ever game... Not even the games on my iphone...

Don't get me started on mobile "gaming". I cannot believe the sheer number of idiots who consider themselves gamers when all they play are stupid iphone games, and the people who think mobile "gaming" is going to cause consoles to go the way of VHS and Laser Disks. People who don't know what RPG's or RTS's are and think Farmville is real gaming. It doesn't help when console manufacturers shoot themselves in the foot with broken motion control while publishers try to squeeze every last dollar out of gamers with on-disk content unlocked through pricey DLC.

Meh. I don't game at all. Nothing. Not even Transformers: Fall of Cybertron can get me to play it.
Please hold while I create a new sig~

Check out my Deviant Art too ^_^ http://gavinlimkj.deviantart.com/
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]