Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENTS  (Read 4878 times)

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
ANNOUNCEMENTS
« on: July 10, 2012, 06:44:48 AM »

Ok. So I decided it would be easier to have a mod announcement thread I could update when I needed to instead of making new topics all the time, so here it is.

First, I would like to apologize to the members involved. They had a problem and I took a long time to solve it. There were some tech problems on my end, but that's no excuse for them having to feel unsafe here.

Austin has been banned. I know I usually deliberate and ask around more, but this was really serious. He harassed at least two, maybe more, members asking for sex and nude photos. That is not acceptable and not something that lets people feel secure here. So he's gone. I know bannings always stir up trouble, but there's no way I could let him stay.

This thread is going to be locked, because I want it to stay news and not a debate about the news. See you guys when I get back from vacay, sorry for the trouble, and especially sorry about the wait.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
Re: ANNOUNCEMENTS
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »

Ok. So cubby popped up again. I saw your guys es discussion and you all made good points. The second chance thing was more a compromise to avoid a war, homestly, but it didn't apply here. He was banned by Scott, not me. Also, he was restarting the threads that escalated last time. So yup. Banned.

Sigh. Why does this always happen when im on vacation?
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »

Ok, so the Doctor saga flared up again. THe user Slender whatever has been banned. He may pop up again - since it seems to come in waves. I guess we'll see.

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 10:38:10 PM »

OK guys. Clearly I need to check my email every hour or something since this Cubby guy keeps coming back. I apologize for making you have to get Scott into this since I wasn't there. I'll try to be more vigilant until this all blows over. He's been banned on two addresses now but as we know, there are ways around it.
I think this last ban didn't remove his posts. If you would like them removed - since some of the pictures were graphic - PM me.

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »

Hey guys.
I don't know how much she's told you, but Fanna contacted me and asked to have her account and all her posts deleted. So... I guess I'm doing that now.

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »

Ok here's the problem... that's going to make some waves. I'll post in conversations in case no one reads this but... we're going to have some topics disappear. I'm sorry.