Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dial L for Leviathan!  (Read 3929 times)

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
Dial L for Leviathan!
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:13:36 PM »

Yeah I don't know about the title...
Anyway I wrote a story inspired by Leviathan and since I'm a review egocentric addict I thought I'd post it here :P
Sorry if you don't care/this is in the wrong place!

Closing my eyes and giving off a sigh are the only two things I can do anymore. Thanks to him I have no voice,  no will, no opinion. He's dominate like you in many ways but, not in so so many. The very thought of you sends tears to my eyes. Everyday I go through this...this...depression of sorts.
Everyday I wonder where you are, how you are, and who you're with.
Did you get married? I never pictured you as the type to settle down. The thought of all the women you made swoon makes me both smile and sick. You never knew of me and I guess that has an upside...you would have never fallen for me as I did for you.
I feel a tugging at my arm, it's him, telling that the ball or meeting(I never bother anymore) is over and it's time we make out exit.
I nod curtly to him and stand in waiting as he walks two steps ahead before I move. That's my duty: two steps behind if not on his arm. All the rules I must follow are sickening...if you were him I wouldn't mind to be on your arm. If you were him I'd love to bear your children...if you were him I wouldn't hate myself.
You had to find out in the papers...not face to face. I always wonder if you hate me. Do you?
As I return to my chambers I begin to breakdown, but stop myself. I will NOT show him weakness. I make my way over to the desk at the far side and start another letter to you. Writing all the letters keep me sane they make me feel close to you again even though I never send then to you.
Would you even reply if I did?
Forum resident Mayday Parade fangirl and Darwinist Monarch

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE
I play the Romeo/you play the Juliet- Of Mice and Men
we could sit around and cry but frankly you aren't worth it any more/such a simple little whore- Mayday Parade

MismatchedSocks

Re: Dial L for Leviathan!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 01:31:46 PM »

That was sad, but really good!! 
I can picture it being from both points of view. A little bit of Alek in the "I never pictured you as the type to settle down," and a lot of Deryn. (though, I think you were saying it was inspired by Levvie, not actually Leviathan)
I did really like it, and I hope you continue!

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:27:48 PM »

That was sad, but really good!! 
I can picture it being from both points of view. A little bit of Alek in the "I never pictured you as the type to settle down," and a lot of Deryn. (though, I think you were saying it was inspired by Levvie, not actually Leviathan)
I did really like it, and I hope you continue!
Thank you and it was only inspired...

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE
we could sit around and cry but frankly you aren't worth it any more/such a simple little whore- Mayday Parade

Awesomegoat

• I'm so dangerous, yo!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »

Aw, that was kinda sad, but I still love it!   I like how your sentences run smoothly ^_^

Please, do continue!
This is my siggie... I don't know what to write in it...well, I COULD discuss the molecular tissue of a potato...but I don't even know what it is, so I guess I can't XP

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 08:20:55 AM »

Aw, that was kinda sad, but I still love it!   I like how your sentences run smoothly ^_^

Please, do continue!
Thank you! I will!

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:37:04 AM »

I need a dude name!!!

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

MismatchedSocks

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:38:47 AM »

What's her name?

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 10:41:28 AM »

What's her name?
-_- no idea...any suggestion  :-[ such a failure I am

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

MismatchedSocks

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »

There's a thread called "Steampunk Names" or something on here, and it'll give you some great ideas for a period name.

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 10:51:02 AM »

okay...do you know where it is?
and thanks!

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 11:10:46 AM »

Dear Nathan R Dougherty,
Today was no better than any other day ignoring the fact that I miss you more and more each day. As I have told you in previous letters sometimes I just drift off and wonder what life would be like if you had discovered my shameful secret and perhaps even returned my feelings- well today was no exception. There was a ball or a meeting or something of that sort today and I completely zoned out. The odds were in my favor because I believe it was political and you know his thoughts on women’s place, so no one asked me a thing! It is very funny is it not? I am referring to the fact that when we were younger and still on speaking terms all I talked about was politics and it was the only thing I truly looked forward to once I got back home…but now all I want is those days back.
The days we would laugh together with our private jokes and how our men would look at each other baffled only to shrug it off for they knew the joys of young friendship. It was far different for me than you though, even then you could make my heart wallow in sadness, for when we were done with our laughter- our jokes I felt emptiness far greater than anything I’ve ever felt before. When it was all said and done I would lie awake at night in my room feeling nothing but guilt- wishing for nothing but to tell you, and once I had even planned to. I swear it tried but could never bring myself to say the words out of fear what you would do or how you would react to such news.
Whenever I immerse myself in such thoughts for such a long period my thought turn sour. My thoughts turn to the image of you and some beautiful young woman who laughs like an angles and looks like one too. More embarrassing than that I often imagine her to be a bit more…well endowed than myself even though I know you never really cared about such things. You were so noble and chivalrous for you never care about the physical side on the relationship…well I am sure it was a matter you thought about, as all young men and women do, it was never the only thing you thought about- the only thing you wanted. The more I write these letters the more unlike my husband you are…that’s all he wants but I promise I’ve never let him touch me in such a way. I have always used excuses that he believes but I am running out of time. His family, my family, and my kingdom demand an heir soon. Sooner than I like to think truthfully; to be honest (as I usually am in these letters) I was sick to my stomach when he kissed me on our wedding day. How am I meant to make it though…well I cannot bring myself to write in this letter but surely you follow my train of thought. Every day I imagine you will burst through the doors and save me from this fantasy turned nightmare.
                                                                                                                             Yours always and forever,
                                                                                                                     Empress Rachel Maple Framlode

More feed back please! Oh and opinion on the names? I got them from here: http://www.oobleck.org/steam/

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

sandy5

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »

"I would sacrifice my happiness for yours without a twinge
Though you should never know about the gift
If I might hear, far off as in a dream,
A little of the laughter I had brought."
-Cyrano de Bergerac

sandy5

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »

These are so amazing...
"I would sacrifice my happiness for yours without a twinge
Though you should never know about the gift
If I might hear, far off as in a dream,
A little of the laughter I had brought."
-Cyrano de Bergerac

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 11:26:44 AM »

These are so amazing...
Lol thanks!

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

MismatchedSocks

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »

I'm really enjoying these! I like how it sounds like someone's real feeling (rather than a stiff, awkward style of writing) and the bit about feeling sick to her stomach about the wedding day kiss. xD
Pages: [1] 2 3