Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dial L for Leviathan!  (Read 4666 times)

Tesla

• westerforum's resident lightning conjurer
Re: Dial L for Leviathan!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »

You Are a very good author!
"Tim has 3 apples, jim has 6, now use this information to calculate the mass of the sun"
                                ~ my math teacher

It's not violence, it's communication!

Y'all can't get rid of me that easily!

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »

You Are a very good author!
Really? Thanks!
Forum resident Mayday Parade fangirl and Darwinist Monarch

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE
I play the Romeo/you play the Juliet- Of Mice and Men
we could sit around and cry but frankly you aren't worth it any more/such a simple little whore- Mayday Parade

Tesla

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »

Dear Nate,
Today was no better than any other day ignoring the fact that I miss you more and more each day. As I have told you in previous letters sometimes I just drift off and wonder what life would be like if you had discovered my shameful secret and perhaps even returned my feelings- well today was no exception. There was a ball or a meeting or something of that sort today and I completely zoned out. The odds were in my favor because I believe it was political and you know his thoughts on women’s place, so no one asked me a thing! It is very funny is it not? I am referring to the fact that when we were younger and still on speaking terms all I talked about was politics and it was the only thing I truly looked forward to once I got back home…but now all I want is those days back.
The days we would laugh together with our private jokes and how our men would look at each other baffled only to shrug it off for they knew the joys of young friendship. It was far different for me than you though, even then you could make my heart wallow in sadness, for when we were done with our laughter- our jokes I felt emptiness far greater than anything I’ve ever felt before. When it was all said and done I would lie awake at night in my room feeling nothing but guilt- wishing for nothing but to tell you, and once I had even planned to. I swear it tried but could never bring myself to say the words out of fear what you would do or how you would react to such news.
Whenever I immerse myself in such thoughts for such a long period my thought turn sour. My thoughts turn to the image of you and some beautiful young woman who laughs like an angles and looks like one too. More embarrassing than that I often imagine her to be a bit more…well endowed than myself even though I know you never really cared about such things. You were so noble and chivalrous for you never care about the physical side on the relationship…well I am sure it was a matter you thought about, as all young men and women do, it was never the only thing you thought about- the only thing you wanted. The more I write these letters the more unlike my husband you are…that’s all he wants but I promise I’ve never let him touch me in such a way. I have always used excuses that he believes but I am running out of time. His family, my family, and my kingdom demand an heir soon. Sooner than I like to think truthfully; to be honest (as I usually am in these letters) I was sick to my stomach when he kissed me on our wedding day. How am I meant to make it though…well I cannot bring myself to write in this letter but surely you follow my train of thought. Every day I imagine you will burst through the doors and save me from this fantasy turned nightmare.
                                                                                                                             Yours always and forever,
                                                                                                                      Rachel.

More feed back please! Oh and opinion on the names? I got them from here: http://www.oobleck.org/steam/
This is amazing,  but I edited it to make it alittle more fluid.   And  for some reason I picture nathan getting this letter when rachel has passed,   and the letter was lost during the mailing process and finally arrived,   just in time for nate to remember the love the two shared.
"Tim has 3 apples, jim has 6, now use this information to calculate the mass of the sun"
                                ~ my math teacher

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 12:48:27 PM »

Thanks and Edits are always welcome!

Actually Rachel never intended for the letters to be sent...they're kind of like a diary of sorts I guess.

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE
we could sit around and cry but frankly you aren't worth it any more/such a simple little whore- Mayday Parade

Tesla

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »

Aah,  I see.  Maybe the diary gets sent to nathan accidentally?
                                ~ my math teacher

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »

Aah,  I see.  Maybe the diary gets sent to nathan accidentally?
you are correct my friend...the there's some awkward bits...the maybe some Darwinistness as Straif would say :P

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

Tesla

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 12:59:59 PM »

Nice,   you know I wonder if straif was serious about wrighting a lemon with minne in it
                                ~ my math teacher

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 01:00:57 PM »

Nice,   you know I wonder if straif was serious about wrighting a lemon with minne in it
I would love to read that so I hope so

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

Tesla

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »

I've been trying to piece together what she looks like, and for some reason I keep tinking she needs either green or hazel eyes.  No idea why,  and the hoodie she allways wears is a dc, blue and grey plad.
                                ~ my math teacher

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 01:08:41 PM »

go for green...a very uncommon color

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

Tesla

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »

Okay. And her hair is brown, about sholder length, and once and a while she puts a clip thingie in it.  That has a skull on it.

~ my math teacher

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 01:12:11 PM »

the more you say the more I'm liking this Minnie character lol

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

Tesla

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »

Haha,  yeah she's kind of my dream girl.  But for some reasom my mental image of her has her having a heavy liking to plad
                                ~ my math teacher

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »

perhaps you've got a thing for Celtic chicks

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE

Tesla

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »

Yeah,  but really its because of my first ex courtney. "First" ;)  but she liked plad as well. So it kiknd of carried on into what I think of minne, except the part where she ripped my still beating heart out..
                                ~ my math teacher

Pages: 1 [2] 3