Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Whoa, the fourms number one Tally hater is going to say something in her defence  (Read 7450 times)

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater

SO, I've been reading, and rereading a lot of books over the past two weeks, and I've noticed, a lot of books that have female main characters, well those girls are stupid. So what I'm saying is, it's not just Tally! But for real this is a bad trend. We need more powerful female heroines and less Bella Swans, Tallys, Clarys Tessa, Pipers, Hazels and a bunch more morns that I'm too tired to add right now.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:00:39 PM by Luna Lovegood »

Aaza

• Ya know, like, Grr!

I know! Why do authors have to make girl main characters seem so ... lame? I can only think of one female main character that isn't like that (Leucos from Glory of Heracles).
∂ση'т ℓєт тнє мυggℓєѕ gєт уσυ ∂σωη

Luna Lovegood

Well, Deryn't not too bad, and Rose from Vampire Academy isn't either. But they're the only ones I can thing of that are really strong. Katniss is okay too tho.

Anchorgurl1

• Derek bby

don't forget Hester Shaw from Mortal Engines she's amazing and Kate De Vrise from Airborn's cool!
Forum resident Mayday Parade fangirl and Darwinist Monarch

KILL JOYS NEVER DIE
I play the Romeo/you play the Juliet- Of Mice and Men
we could sit around and cry but frankly you aren't worth it any more/such a simple little whore- Mayday Parade

Noelle-wa

• Stay icy my friends.

Honestly, Tally is not that bad! Why do you hate her so? I think some authors make the main characters make some bad decisions and have some flaws to show that they are just an average/normal person like everybody else (excluding Twilight, she's just lame). They can't be perfect, can they?
~Noelle~ :D

"The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant"
-The one and only, Doctor

"Are you a fan of delicious flavor?"
YES. YES I AM.

Eraisuithiel

In my opinion, those characters are realistic. I mean, come on. How many teenage girls act like Tally, Clary, etc? A lot. A bloody lot. Im not saying its a good thing, but its a sad true thing. Teenage girls just arent as badass and independant as one would like to think.

Echo :)

Yeah... Rai's right.... plus honestly most of them are more ba than a vast majority.... but when they start to get crazy they kinda become emotionless and unrealateable...
He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face. ~CoFA

Luna Lovegood

Honestly, Tally is not that bad! Why do you hate her so? I think some authors make the main characters make some bad decisions and have some flaws to show that they are just an average/normal person like everybody else (excluding Twilight, she's just lame). They can't be perfect, can they?

I'm not asking them to be perfect, I'm asking them to do something THEMSELVES. That's why I liked Shay more than Tally, when something didn't go Shay's way, she did something about it. As for Tally, well, she only went to the smoke because she had to, and for the rest of the book after that (And in Pretties) I feel like she relied too much on the men around her. Meanwhile, Shay tried to take her destiny and pretty brain in her own hands. It didn't work out, but at least she took initiative and did something completely for herself. Not because she had to, not because she felt obligated, but because she wanted to take action and do something about something she didn't like.   

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human

Ahem;
Hester Shaw could kick Tally's ass (normal and Special) any day of the week.
That is all.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Luna Lovegood

SO, I've been reading, and rereading a lot of books over the past two weeks, and I've noticed, a lot of books that have female main characters, well those girls are stupid. So what I'm saying is, it's not just Tally! But for real this is a bad trend. We need more powerful female heroines and less Bella Swans, Tallys, Clarys Tessa, Pipers, Hazels and a bunch more morns that I'm too tired to add right now.
Do you mean Piper and Hazel from PJO?  I'm not a Piper fan, but I love Hazel!  She is so brave.

Those are the girls i mean. I really hated Hazel, she was so self pitying and boring. 

Alex-Wa

• "You're my special specials."
    • Laura-Kinney Deviantart

I love Tally in the first two books but after the second book she just got plain mean and I didn't like her attuide.

Noelle-wa

• Stay icy my friends.

I'm not asking them to be perfect, I'm asking them to do something THEMSELVES. That's why I liked Shay more than Tally, when something didn't go Shay's way, she did something about it. As for Tally, well, she only went to the smoke because she had to, and for the rest of the book after that (And in Pretties) I feel like she relied too much on the men around her. Meanwhile, Shay tried to take her destiny and pretty brain in her own hands. It didn't work out, but at least she took initiative and did something completely for herself. Not because she had to, not because she felt obligated, but because she wanted to take action and do something about something she didn't like.   

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean! You have a point there. But at the same time, I think other people influence us more then we realize... Tally and Shay both made decisions because of one another as well as independently.

I love Tally in the first two books but after the second book she just got plain mean and I didn't like her attuide.

And yeah, I agree. Both her and Shay became kind of bitchy in Specials  :P
~Noelle~ :D

"The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant"
-The one and only, Doctor

"Are you a fan of delicious flavor?"
YES. YES I AM.

Leah-wa

I agree but that's how specials are.

Luna Lovegood

The difference is Shay let them fix her, Tally didn't.

Leah-wa

Shays always been the one that went forward for everything and didn't let anything stand in her way though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11