Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Uglies Discussion Revival  (Read 1643 times)

Bea-la

Uglies Discussion Revival
« on: August 15, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »

I'm totally not blaming anyone for this, but I feel like the Uglies discussions have gone downhill, if not disappeared completely. 

I know that I haven't been posting at ALL here, but I think that needs to change.  I think we could all brainstorm and come up with some thought-provoking ideas about the series. 

People might argue that the book has been practically dissected in previous years, but a LOT of new people have joined the forum and you can never be too obsessive.  ;D

I'm basically proposing that if anyone has a good thought about Uglies they should make a topic about it.  Also, if you see one of these topics, you should participate in the discussion.

I hope people see this topic because I think this board can be restores to its prior awesomeness!

Cola

• Word up.
Re: Uglies Discussion Revival
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »

Thank you! The series deserves it.
'Hi Ping-la'.
The world is a vampire.

Bea-la

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »

Thank you! The series deserves it.
I think so to.  I just hope that people see this thread.  :-\

Bea-la

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 05:23:51 AM »

BUMP. PEOPLE PLEASE LOOK AT THIS.

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »

Oh rah. I love the Uglies series; it's what drew me into Westerfeld in the first place.
And Fanny, trust me, the majority of the stuff on the Leviathan board is the same 8 people messing about discussing everything BUT the actual series.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »

Rai has a topic, and someone can feel free to make a thread about it: Doctor Cable‘s history. I mean, she wasn‘t always a Special. At one time she, too, was Ugly. And that‘s something I don‘t think we‘ve discussed, or how Specials in general came to be.

... come to think of it, the thought of Cable as a Littlie is oddly... terrifying. :|

Straif

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »

Cable=Dr. Halsey from Halo in my mind, honestly. Ever time I think of her past, I see Halsey.
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Cola

• Word up.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 08:20:07 AM »

LOL that makes sense.  I don't actually look into those discussions too much because they are too confusing.

And as many people probably know, I love Dr. Cable probably more than anyone else on here.  I hate Tally and sympathize with Cable throughout the whole series.  I have thought of a...creative...vivid, and complex backstory for her.  I won't get into it here, but if you're interested tell me...
Yeah, I think you should tell us.
'Hi Ping-la'.
The world is a vampire.

Alex-Wa

• "You're my special specials."
    • Laura-Kinney Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »

Dr,Cable is my fave in the books too, Tally was my fave tell the end f Pretties but she got really mean.
But I always loved the doctor sents the beginning. :D
I feel sorry for her.

Bea-la

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 09:41:40 PM »

I think Dr. Cable was awesome.  But I also think she was kind of delusional.  She had lost a sense of right and wrong, I mean how could the mind altering be good?

Echo :)

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 09:42:21 PM »

*shudders* no... Dr. Ca.... I cant even say it. Its just not okay.... Ughhhh
“He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face.” ~CoFA

Straif

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 02:54:42 AM »

I think Dr. Cable was awesome.  But I also think she was kind of delusional.  She had lost a sense of right and wrong, I mean how could the mind altering be good?
Said it before, say it again; Cable=Halsey. They even look like each other, if the manga is anything to go by.
Except one of Halsey's Spartans could break one of Cable's Specials over his knee like a meaty twig.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Alex-Wa

• "You're my special specials."
    • Laura-Kinney Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 06:32:01 AM »

I have a question in the Uglies wiki it saids Tally's eyes are brown and I think it also said they were brown in the book but in the Shay's story in the back where it has Scott telling Steven what the people look like so he can start drawing them he said Tally's eyes are green. So help me out here are they green or brown?