Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: Tally/David Or Tally/Zane?  (Read 17123 times)

Leah-wa

Re: Tally/David Or Tally/Zane?
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2012, 07:03:15 AM »

Tbh, I don't see the point in special circumstances, not as if they do anything to help, they just make things worse&tay seemed really nice on the beginning but now... she's just this little selfish freak?....

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2012, 07:05:35 AM »

EXCATLY. Special Circumstances is NOTHING. Its good for controling a bunch of brainwashed people...but face them against even ONE person with proper combat tech (even OBSOLETE combat tech) and they fall like FLIES.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Alex-Wa

• "You're my special specials."
    • Laura-Kinney Deviantart
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2012, 07:15:52 AM »

I think Tally has become the next Cable.
Both wanted to help man kind but are doing it all wrong or something.
Plus Specials are really not needed, they are like secret cops or something in that area.
Plus the only way they solve issues is blowing stuff up and that doesn't solve everything. She goes about it all wrong.

Straif

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2012, 07:18:21 AM »

I think Westerfeld did that intentionally...he's giving us a utopia but showing that, as with EVERY utopia nothing is ever perfect...it's just a lot simpler because the book is aimed at teens.
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Leah-wa

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »

True, someday I hope tally dies... Like shes caused all these horrible things& gets on with it like its nothing!

Straif

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2012, 07:46:14 AM »

She will...I'm playing with her getting over her head in a fight with one of my Mils OC's and paying the price.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Alex-Wa

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2012, 07:49:17 AM »

True, someday I hope tally dies... Like shes caused all these horrible things& gets on with it like its nothing!
I agree, plus she doesn't care about anyone but herself and the cutter's.
Like how she treated Aya. They both want to help the world then why treat someone like S*** if they are on your side? you won't get anywhere by saving the world if your helpers are being treated like crap because they would end up saying, "You know what? Do it yourself!"
You know what i am saying?

I mean I know this is one of Tally's flaws when being turned into a Special and I am glad she has flaws but really? must she be a total selfest b****?

Leah-wa

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2012, 08:00:29 AM »

Yeah, I suPpose Scott has created this character to shOw how this generation is, there's loads of girls I know that act like this but tally is just one abovE all of these, it's like she's a human monster?...

Straif

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2012, 08:07:15 AM »

Human monster sounds about rigth. But trust me; Hester Shaw has her beat in the "monster" department by several levels.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Alex-Wa

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2012, 08:08:18 AM »

Yeah, I suPpose Scott has created this character to shOw how this generation is, there's loads of girls I know that act like this but tally is just one abovE all of these, it's like she's a human monster?...
I know a lot of girls that act like this too and sometimes I can be like that as well but Tally is the worst of them all.

Leah-wa

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2012, 08:14:09 AM »

Yeah, I think it's just made us realise how some people are nowadays& that were not all the same, and that some people are just programmed to think there ugly, thinking about it, that's so true?...

cece la

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2012, 08:33:33 AM »

Yeah, I think it's just made us realise how some people are nowadays& that were not all the same, and that some people are just programmed to think there ugly, thinking about it, that's so true?...
ya that makes sense
you either jump out and live like you want to live or you stay a normal person who doesnt stand out.... im pretty sure you know which one i am!

Alex-Wa

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2012, 08:37:16 AM »

And turning pretty is like wanting to be a model.
And self-image is like an ugly.
In away?

Leah-wa

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2012, 08:43:09 AM »

Yeeah, that's the way I was trying to put it, thanks:). Its like models are totally different to us 'normal' people in a way...

Lexa-Wa

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »

Random post

Tally can have Zane cause David is mine >:)
All I need is my cats.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32