Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Author Topic: Inside jokes  (Read 51997 times)

|ĸιrα|

Re: Inside jokes
« Reply #362 on: June 10, 2016, 09:39:05 AM »

Higher, further, faster

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #364 on: June 10, 2016, 09:47:26 AM »

Higher, further, faster

Catvomitsky

• It ainít so long since you were flying high
« Reply #367 on: June 10, 2016, 11:02:30 AM »

Wait what

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #368 on: June 10, 2016, 11:03:35 AM »

IT'S REALLY MIND BLOWING ACTUALLY

Higher, further, faster

GeeBeezy

« Reply #369 on: June 10, 2016, 11:07:37 AM »

IT'S REALLY MIND BLOWING ACTUALLY

THIS IS CLARE SAYING THIS. IT IS TRUE.
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

And chacha real smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcQxRr1cSw

Catvomitsky

• It ainít so long since you were flying high
« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »

Explen plz?

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #371 on: June 10, 2016, 11:34:48 AM »

Wait I'm what now
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GeeBeezy

« Reply #372 on: June 10, 2016, 11:54:34 AM »

You are Exalted Pan. You cannot hide it from us any longer.
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

And chacha real smooth

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #373 on: June 10, 2016, 12:24:29 PM »

??? Explain??
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GeeBeezy

« Reply #374 on: June 10, 2016, 01:21:21 PM »

Okay I'll just copy paste what I sent Clare.

BESLY: WELL In Creation, the world Exalted takes place in, reality is kept running by a continent sized supercomputer called the Loom of Fate. In it, trillions of Pattern Spiders connect threads of destiny to make events take place. If two people walked into each other but their threads weren't connected, they'd fail to see each other and walk straight through the other person. This would mess up the perceptions of people around them, who might then fail to interact properly with each other and their environment, remember who they are or that other people are there etc.
Basically, the loom can snarl. And if those snarls are left unattended, the loom can begin to unwind.
NOW there's a new type of Exalted in the new edition, who get their powers from stillborn destinies.
For instance, there was a freakishly powerful sorcerer queen, who woke up one day and wasn't. She wasn't queen, she wasn't remembered, the history books didn't mention her, etc. The loom did a reset and she got left out for some reason. It still registered her as 'there' but she was isolated from the rest of destiny.
This makes her powerful.
Fate doesn't effect her anymore. The pattern spiders can see her when she interacts with the loom, but they don't know where she is or what she's doing. All they can see is what she's done after she's done it.
Do you understand or am I being too weird XD

CLARE BEAR: I think I get it. Kinda like in Wreck-It Ralph when King Candy tried to delete Vanellope but she just turned into a glitch. But what does that have to do with Pan?

BESLY: EXACTLY LIKE WITH VANELLOPE. THAT IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE. It's sort of like an accidental Exaltation that fills their spinal column with a colony of pattern spiders so they can write their own reality ANYWAY.
Pan was accidentally turned into a mod sort of.
It was fixed.
BUT NOW Pan is untraceable.
Whenever Pan logs on all that we see is 1 hidden user is online. We only know it's Pan because we've recognized the pattern.
We can't see what page Pan is looking at.
We cannot see what Pan is currently doing.
All we can see is what Pan has done.
PAN IS OUTSIDE THE SYSTEM. ABOVE IT. BEYOND IT.
Pan has powers to rival the mods [Gods] themselves.
Pan is Exalted.

CLARE BEAR: O:
thats the face I'm making right now. THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE

BESLY: I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.
SO LIKE
PAN HAS POWER
But it isn't like the power of a mod.
Pan isn't Rai.
Pan isn't stronger than the mods that bestowed the powers in the first place.
But Pan is stronger than the other forumers.
PAN IS AN EXALT. THIS IS HOW THE GAME WORKS.

CLARE:

BESLY: OMG
AND THERE'S ANOTHER THING
A FATE THING
Where you can put on a different destiny. SO you can make yourself appear like someone else.
And everyone recognizes you as that person.
So if you're the crazy cat lady and people come looking for the crazy cat lady when they get there you're the young drug addict and everyone who lives nearby will be like 'yup young drug addict always had that guy no cat lady here'
The only people it doesn't work on are people who already know you extremely well.
OKAY
SO.
You can't send a message to Pan without going to Pans profile okay.
So if Pan stopped posting for months. All of Pans posts would be buried under all of ours so it would take forever to find.
And if Pan got a different username, even searching for the old one would only turn up us mentioning the name in conversation.
LIKE FATE ERRORS.
"Pan" would have a completely different name, and all of "Pan"s posts would be under a new name and anyone from the outside viewing "PAN"s profile would just find the profile of a completely unrelated oldie account with thousands of posts who has been here forever but who is Pan that's not Pan nope gotta keep looking.
BUT THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW PAN WOULD KNOW.

CLARE:
is there more stuff tell me all of the things cuz this actually makes sense to me

BESLY: HMMMM
Well Exaltation occurs when a God, Primordial or other such being infuses their power into an Exaltation [picture a USB for the soul] which is then fused to a human soul. This creates a being which is half human, half whatever-their-source-of-power-was.
ALSO it is irrevocable; once an Exalted is created the only way to take their power back is to kill them.
NOW we have established that Pan is one of the Fate styled Exalted. Right.
WELL Fate is governed by five goddesses, the Maidens. And the Maiden of Endings is the spookiest and she's all about death and stuff.
Okay
okay.
Pan Exalted when a mod turned them into a mod and back again.
Pans account is half moderator half user.
And the mods haven't been able to change that back.
It's irrevocable, like all Exaltations.
The only way it could be changed is if the mods deleted Pans account.
At which point Pan could make another account without those powers, same as how when an Exalt dies their Exaltation is reclaimed by the Gods but their soul goes on to start a regular mortal life.
Pan is a forumer Exalted.
And who is our current mod?
Rai. The spookiest of us all.
Rai is the maiden of Endings.
And Pan is her Chosen.

CLARE: Except Scott was the one that made Pan a mod, not Rai. Rai just sent him the list of all the people that were suggested to be mods and he made them all mods and then Pan was like DID NOT WANT and emailed him themselves and he took it away

BESLY: THAT ONLY MAKES IT MORE PERFECT Because like I said the one that Pan is most like is the one that gets its power from stillborn destinies so PAN IS THE HIDEOUS SHELL OF WHAT WAS AND WOULD HAVE BEEN A MOD HAD THE POWERS THAT RULED THE UNIVERSE NOT RIPPED THAT DESTINY AWAY it is perfect

CLARE: I don't know if hideous shell is really the best way to phrase that BUT AWESOME

BESLY: DOES IT MAKE SENSE ?!?!?!?!??! [?]

CLARE: Yes yes yes yes

BESLY: Which makes you a heroic mortal =3 cause u mah hero.

CLARE: what does that make you then?

BESLY: Probably another heroic mortal? I mean our accounts even say that we're hero members.
OH AND THEY HAVE FIVE GOLD BLOCKS UNDERNEATH. HEROIC MORTALS GET FIVE HEALTH POINTS! AND FIVE IS THE HIGHEST YOU CAN GET A STAT IN EXALTED.

CLARE: you should ask Scott if Exalted is based off the forum
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

And chacha real smooth

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34