Scott here. We just got back from the first leg of Justine’s tour. It was a total blast, so thanks to everyone who came along! We’ll be on the road again soon, so hope to see you in Philadelphia, upstate NY, Michigan, Ohio, Missouri, and Texas.
Robin, our redoubtable guest-blogger this week, sent me this post yesterday, but I was in aircraft all day, so it’s slightly out of date . . . oops. Just read it and imagine it’s still Friday.
Take it away, Robin!
Is anyone else really tired today? Like crawl-back-into-bed-wait-for-Saturday tired? It canâ€™t just be me.
Anyway, apparently, a lot of bloggers do this thing called the Friday Five. I donâ€™t, because I donâ€™t really understand the point, other than the fact that both words start with an F â€“ but since today is Friday, and since I oh so coincidentally have five things to mention, I figured Iâ€™d go with it. I do love me some alliteration. Soâ€¦
1. Want to win an iPod shuffle? Enter the SKINNED contest! Hereâ€™s how:
Write me a newspaper headline from the year 2060. (Eg: â€œThis Yearâ€™s Top Vacation Spot: Venusâ€ or â€œApple Announces Record Sales for iJetPackâ€ or â€œLichtenstein Declares War on Republic of Disneyworld!â€ â€“ you get the idea.)
Email me your headline — robin (at) robinwasserman (dot) com â€“ by October 10. Two runners up will get a skin for their phone or iPod. And one winner will get an iPod shuffle!
Winners announced on my blog October 13.
*Itâ€™s a random drawing. So donâ€™t stress about your headline.
*If you win, and you donâ€™t want the prize, you can request a B&N gift certificate instead.
*If you donâ€™t want your email address entered onto my mailing list (to receive updates on Skinned, future contests, etc), let me know in your entry.
2. Obligatory self-promotion. Want to know more about SKINNED? You can read an excerpt here or watch the trailer:
3. Okay, end of obligatory self-promotion. You guys have been awesome, sharing some of your obsessions with me, so I figured Iâ€™d reciprocate by sharing some of mine with you. Am currently loving:
a. Joss Whedon (Firefly, Angel, Dr. Horribleâ€™s, Buffy!!!) â€“ I want to be Joss Whedon. I hear that job is already taken, so Iâ€™ll settle for marrying Joss Whedon. Or being his best friend. Or getting his dry cleaning. Or, hypothetically, sitting outside his house with high-powered binoculars gazing adoringly at his every move. (Um, hi Joss. Hi Jossâ€™s lawyers. That totally wasnâ€™t me outside last night, writing â€œRobin hearts Spikeâ€ in the condensation on your window. Really.)
b. Battlestar Galactica â€“ this show explores a lot of the same issues I do in SKINNED. Iâ€™m told by my editor, my agent, my friends, and common sense that I should probably stop telling people the show does it better. So Iâ€™ll just say that this show is one of the greatest pieces of sci-fi ever created. Draw your own conclusions.
c. Spring Awakening soundtrack â€“ I just bought this (for rather embarrassing reasons connected to its repeated appearance on the horrendous 90210 spin-off). Cannot stop playing it. Am playing it now. Over and over and over and over . . .
d. Gossip Girl (the tv show) â€“ first you think itâ€™s trash. Then you think itâ€™s trashy brilliance. Then you realize itâ€™s just brilliant. (And then you realize youâ€™ve fallen in love with Chuck. And you feel a little gross about that. Then you love him all the more.)
e. Miscellaneous â€“ â€˜sweet and saltyâ€™ brownies, Lost, Friday Night Lights, Midnighters, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, WNBA, Gotham Girls Roller Derby, politics, Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion, Josh Jackson, Robert Downey, Jr, and (this falls into the category of actual, unhealthy obsession) going to B&N on a semi-daily basis and counting how many copies of my book they have left on the shelves.
4. THANK YOU to all of you guys for being so friendly and fabulous while I was hanging out here for the week. I feel like Iâ€™ve been house-sitting for a guy with a flat screen TV, 500 channels, a personal chef, and an indoor pool. Suffice it to say, Iâ€™m none too pleased to be heading back to my run-down apartment with the broken microwave and the leaky roof. But I hope some of you will come and visit me there — robinwasserman.livejournal.com. If youâ€™re wondering what I usually post about, well . . . see above.
Seriously, this has been so much fun, and you guys are the best. Scottâ€™s lucky to have fans like you! (Well, I guess we can agree heâ€™s not lucky, so much as brilliant and deserving. Except when he does things like k___ Zane. Why, Scott? Whyyyyyy?)
5. Iâ€™ve given it a lot of thought and, while Iâ€™m still open to debate on the subject, I feel I have to come down on the side of speed, agility, magical horns, and lack of skin-rotting, brain-eating grossness, not to mention all things being equal I prefer to root for the underdog, so . . . UNICORNS!