Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Sole Survivor Society  (Read 909 times)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
The Sole Survivor Society
« on: April 21, 2017, 08:59:35 AM »

The galaxy has expanded. Alien races run free and wild across planets, and there's so many wonderful advances in technology

One can suppose that's what to be expected 4,280 years into the future.

But with progress also comes loss. Horrible, horrible loss.

Wars raged. Diseases plagued planets and wiped out civilizations.

Or...most of them. Welcome, friend, to the Sole Survivor Society. Providing support, a safe place, and career opportunities to the last members of civilizations lost to tragedies.

Led by the brave Miss Chim, the SSS makes it their top priority to track down the last remaining of lost alien races and ensure their survival and integration into new society.

Again, welcome!

~

So, basically, you can design your own amazing alien race, with special abilities and a unique culture! There's just one catch...only one of that race survives in the end. However the species fell and how the character survived is up to you. There's lots of space in space and lots of things for civilizations that could go wrong.

And so they join the Sole Survivor Society! Whether or not immediately or gradually, and they get set on all kinds of SSS missions and get to deal with all sorts of drama!

Here's the species card:

Species Name:
Inhabited Planets (You can just make up planet names this shouldn't be too important):
Planetary Status (Ex: Deserted, Destroyed, Now Inhabited by Other Species):
Physical Characteristics (Note: Like what's shared among the species. Say, for humans, it'd be stuff like hair on top of one's head, skin ranging in a variety of shades from pale peach to dark brown, teeth built for consuming both meat and plants, stuff like that. If you want to include things like dismorphism between males, females, or other genders in the race, or members from different areas looking different, have at it.):
Abilities (Anything from telekinesis to cool strength or connection to nature, just nothing too god-moddy!):
Any Interesting Culture From This Species? (Ex: Any gods this civilization worships, any segregation among different members of the species, any holidays or other beliefs?):
How Did They Get Wiped Out?:

Reasons for getting wiped out includes - Planetwide plague, horrendous interplanetary/intraplanetary war, environmental disasters, some good old-fashioned asteroids hitting, terrible stuff like that. In the canon so far, there has been one giant civilization-destroying war that took out several species. If you want to make your alien race fall victim to this war, go for it. It was a bad time, and adding in a character with that baggage would be awesome for the plot since the war would be referenced a lot.

Overall, you don't have to get too into it. I just want an idea of what this race was like before that big terrible event happened that ended them!

And then your lucky survivor~
Name:
Species:
Home Planet:
Appearance:
Personality:
How Did They Survive? (You can get full backstory here if you wanna):
Abilities:

Examples of species include:

Species Name: Ji'Hongri
Inhabited Planets (You can just make up planet names this shouldn't be too important): Kulim
Planetary Status (Ex: Deserted, Destroyed, Now Inhabited by Other Species): Deserted
Physical Characteristics: Ji'Hongri have lots of long fur on their bodies, though their faces, hands, and feet are bare. Their noses are primate-ish, as are their mouths, teeth, eyes...They look like big furry monkeys, not gonna lie. Their fur can go from white, grey, brown, and black in individuals, and in rarer cases a combination of two of the colors. Their sclera are black and their irises are white. Their fingernails are naturally black, and they usually reach up to around 7 feet in height. The fur around their head and neck is particularly bushy and long, making a 'mane' that male Ji'Hongri would use to attract mates. The feet of a Ji'Hongri is basically just another set of hands, and they all have long tails, the length of which can vary from 4 feet (shortest tail on record) to 12 (longest).
Abilities: No real special abilities aside from advanced flexibility and a prehensile tail. The Ji'Hongri are known for having been a very intelligent and advanced species, so maybe intelligence could count.
Any Interesting Culture From This Species?: The first Ji'Hongri appeared to worship the sun of Kulim, which became the religion of the goddess Datseem, who supposedly carries the sun on her back and wears the sky as a cloak. A whole pantheon eventually spawned alongside her, although Datseem remained the top dog of it all. The Ji'Hongri also deeply value intelligence and would cast away any of their kind that weren't seen as clever enough.
How Did They Get Wiped Out?: During an battle over the planet Kulim - A war that the Ji'Hongri didn't win.

See? That's my example for the species. Not the species I'll use, but an example!! You all probably know what to do for character cards, so I won't post any more stuff.

Ask to join, ask any questions you want, and I really hope you guys like this one!!
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
Re: The Sole Survivor Society
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:02:02 AM »

Obligatory Forum GlitchPost~

EloiseNagel

• God bless us, everyone!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 02:59:00 AM »

Sound like fun 😁
Resident Angel-type Pokémon

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 03:18:26 AM »

Do you want to join? :^D

EloiseNagel

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 04:48:46 AM »

Eyupp!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 06:41:10 AM »

Sweet!!!

Just consider here:
Aliens don't have to look too crazy, but also not too human, if ya feel me?

EloiseNagel

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 07:00:19 AM »

I had an alien from another rp could I use her in this rp?

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 07:48:17 AM »

What RP and what alien?

|ĸιrα|

• no bueno for the ladies
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »

Id be interested

It's not about deserve, it's about what you believe. And I believe in love.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 08:16:50 AM »

Oooh, awesome!!

EloiseNagel

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 03:11:06 PM »

What RP and what alien?
Name: Hikari  Baransu From the Dragon RP

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 11:26:17 PM »

Hm...I don't know. I see several things about her card that I'm not too sure about for this RP. Maybe someone else would be better suited for this setting?

EloiseNagel

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 02:23:25 AM »

Well more than anything I was thinking of modifying her card to fit this RP, I even thought about how her planet was destroyed:D

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 06:55:16 AM »

Well, how would her card be modified? What would be changed?

EloiseNagel

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 08:31:07 AM »

Well obviously a bit more hardened, from fighting a civil war on her planet and a better description of her too :D

Pages: [1] 2 3