Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 364

Author Topic: Unlikely Allies  (Read 229582 times)

|ĸιrα|

Re: Unlikely Allies
« Reply #3675 on: June 23, 2018, 01:26:31 PM »

Clemence grinned at him. "Coming right up!"

Chris sighed and looked past her at the house. "Ready?"

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #3676 on: June 24, 2018, 01:52:04 AM »

Andrew chuckled and sat down on the couch, nodding once at Cole. "Hey."
Cole nodded back. He forgave Clemence a long time ago for hunting them, but Andrew, he still had problems with. "Hey."

Sunny nodded and took a breath. "Ready."

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3677 on: June 24, 2018, 02:13:36 AM »

Ferris looked between the two of them on the couch, and bit his lip before looking away.

Clemence came back a minute later and handed a glass of water to Andrew before she sat down next to Cole.

Chris nodded and got out of the car, walking around to open the door for Sunny before he turned to go to the front door.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #3678 on: June 24, 2018, 02:40:41 AM »

Andrew glanced over at Ferris, frowning slightly, then turned his gaze back to the notebook and took a sip of the water.

Cole smiled at Clemence and reached over to take her hand.

Sunny walked with him up to the front door and knocked loudly. Briefly, she wondered if Cato and Alec would be here, too.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3679 on: June 24, 2018, 02:43:18 AM »

Ferris flashed Andrew a quick smile when he felt his eyes on him.

"Come in!" Clemence called to whoever was knocking, and squeezed Cole's hand.

Chris reached around Sunny and pushed the door open, smiling when he saw the others.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #3680 on: June 24, 2018, 02:55:36 AM »

"Hey guys," Sunny said, and broke out into a smile. "So we have a witch's book?"

Andrew nodded and set it on the coffee table. It didn't look like a witch book, just a normal, plain red notebook that one could find at any store. But he knew full well what was written inside. "Yeah, we do. And Clemence told me she found something else?" he asked, glancing over at his fellow hunter.

Cole squeezed her hand in reassurance, smiling softly again.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3681 on: June 24, 2018, 08:29:54 AM »

Ferris leaned forward to look at it, frowning slightly. "That's it?" He mumbled, but then turned his attention to Clemence expectantly.

Clemence looked between all of them, a bit nervous. "Ah, yeah. Um. , when I went home I started looking more into witches because, New Orleans. Why not? So anyway, I didn't find much but at-" she stopped, unsure if she wanted everyone to know it was her aunt. "At one place i found a notebook, talking about a blood curse. I didn't get a lot from it but the name Tituba."

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #3682 on: June 24, 2018, 10:01:35 AM »

"And Tituba's the real deal. She was the first person to be tried in the Salem Witch Trials," Cole added.

Andrew nodded slowly. "Makes sense. The ocean witches said it was an old curse, right?"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3683 on: June 24, 2018, 03:29:59 PM »

"Yeah," Clemence nodded and looked down at her hands.

Chris rubbed his lips together as he thought, frowning. "So, what's the notebook got in it?"

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #3684 on: June 25, 2018, 02:34:49 AM »

"Well, not a lot about you and Cole, as far as I can tell. Which, if y'all were born with it, might be why. But there's some information about Clemence and me," Andrew said as he flupped through tue book, looking for the right page again.

(Ooooh I have an idea imma pm you)

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3685 on: June 25, 2018, 03:43:35 AM »

"Really?" Clemence furrowed her brow and scooted closer to see.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #3686 on: June 25, 2018, 04:35:28 AM »

"Yeah, I think. It's written in some kind of code, or other language, and I can't read it," Andrew said with a frown. He turned the book so wveryone could see it better. The words and letters didn't look like any language he knew of, or at least, not one he could read.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3687 on: June 25, 2018, 07:38:55 AM »

Ferris leaned in a bit to get a better look, but he couldn't make any sense of it. "It's not anything I can understand," he said, frowning. "And it's not any language I recognize. And I've seen a lot of different ones."

Clemence leaned over to see the pages, her brow furrowing even more. "What do you mean?"

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #3688 on: June 25, 2018, 09:11:19 AM »

"Damn, I was hoping - wait, what do you mean?" Andrew asked, looking up at Clemence.

Sunny glanced at the notebook and frowned. The diaries she'd seen in Mariana's memories had looked fine, but then again, maybe Mariana didn't write hers in this weird code.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #3689 on: June 25, 2018, 10:16:47 AM »

"I... you can't read that?" Clemence looked at Andrew, confusion on her face.

Higher, further, faster
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 364