Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 364

Author Topic: Unlikely Allies  (Read 228945 times)

Blue

Re: Unlikely Allies
« Reply #4335 on: September 01, 2018, 06:50:15 AM »

"I haven't heard from him since we were at the witches' house." Sunny shrugged. "And I don't think he'd answer if I called."

"Chris, come on." Andrew lowered his voice and hesitantly stepped closer. "Do you think this is what Sunny would want for you? Think about her, man."

Cole got up and off of the other wolf with a whine, and backed away slowly. His whole body was hurting again, aching all over as his muscles and bones shrunk down into his human form.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4336 on: September 01, 2018, 07:16:51 AM »

"Sunny, you should try," Ferris said, frowning.

Clemence breathed a sigh of relief and went ro Cole's side to help him.

Chris whined in pain as he shifted, but he didn't change back to human.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #4337 on: September 01, 2018, 08:38:37 AM »

She sighed. "I will, I - I'd like to be less devastated first, if that's at all possible."

Cole immediately went to try and stop the bleeding from his shoulder, gritting his teeth together. Black dots were swarmimg his vision, and he was still trying to get his bearings together.

"Hey, hey. Listen to this." Andrew pulled out his phone and played a voicemail that Sunny had left him about a week ago, when she'd accidentally dialed his number instead of Chris': Hey baby, it's me. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that my parents called, and they said you can come up to my house for New Year's this year, if you want. We can talk about it later, okay? I love you, Chris. Bye

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4338 on: September 01, 2018, 01:54:48 PM »

"That's fair," Ferris nodded, looking at her sympathetically.

Clemence knelt down beside him and looked around for anything to help the bleeding. She finally just ripped part of her shirt off and pushed it into his hands to stop the bleeding.

His ears flicked toward the sound and he whimpered, shifting slightly before he began to change back. As soon as he did, though, he completely blacked out.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #4339 on: September 01, 2018, 02:13:07 PM »

Soon they reached the cave, and Sunny surfaced, taking the scenery in.

"What happened?" Cole managed to ask. Had Andrew chucked a knife into him, too?

Andrew knelt beside Chris and inspected his shoulder, trying to think of what to do. If he took the knife out, there would be nothing to stop the blood flow. But he couldn't exactly leave it in, either.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4340 on: September 01, 2018, 05:39:28 PM »

"When'd you find this place?" Ferris asked after he'd looked around for a minute.

"You and Chris started fighting, and I think he got you pretty bad," Clemence said, brushing some of his hair back gently. She glanced over toward Chris and Andrew and bit her lip. "He may need a hospital, Andrew!"

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #4341 on: September 01, 2018, 10:21:43 PM »

"I was just exploring one day." Sunny shrugged. "Sometimes I like to come here to think."

He opened one eye and turned his head to look over at them. "Is he alive?"

Andrew nodded and called 911, frowning deeply. Great. He'd put Chris in the hospital a second time.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4342 on: September 01, 2018, 11:51:55 PM »

"Seems like a good place for that," Ferris said with a smile and then floated on his back.

"Yeah, he'll be fine," Clemence said, then glanced down at Cole. "You should get checked out, too," she added.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #4343 on: September 01, 2018, 11:57:10 PM »

Sunny nodded and closed her eyes. She just wanted to relax for a while and not think of anything.

Cole shook his head. "No, no more hospitals," he insisted. Besides, what were they going to tell the doctors? "I'm fine, I just need a Band-Aid."

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4344 on: September 02, 2018, 12:15:22 AM »

Ferris stayed relaxed like that for some time, but then he frowned and righted himself. "Hey, Sunny?"

"You need stitches, Cole," she frowned more.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #4345 on: September 02, 2018, 12:23:07 AM »

"Yeah?" she asked, and lifted her head to oook over at him.

"There's an ambulance in the way, and I already told the dispatcher two people, so there," said Andrew with finality. Hopefully the authorities would believe his story of a wolf attack - it wasn't too far off from the truth, after all.

Cole frowned, but didn't say anything in response to that.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4346 on: September 02, 2018, 02:47:19 AM »

"Do you think everything's okay? Like back in Beaumont?" He asked.

Clemence gave Andrew an appreciative look before she went back to helping Cole with the bleeding.

The ambulance showed up soon after, and they quickly loaded Chris into the ambulance first before coming over to get Cole.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #4347 on: September 02, 2018, 04:37:44 AM »

Sunny frowned, righting herself, as well. "Do you wanna go back and make sure?"

"I can stand, I'm fine," Cole grumbled as he shuffled into the ambulance. He tried not to look at how much blood he was losing.

"Should we just follow you guys, then?" Andrew asked one of the paramedics, who then nodded in response.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4348 on: September 02, 2018, 05:15:07 AM »

"I don't know," Ferris frowned and pushed his hair back away from his forehead.

Clemence crossed her arms and shifted a bit, watching the paramedics close the ambulance doors and then she turned to go to her car so they could follow them.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #4349 on: September 02, 2018, 06:31:21 AM »

"It's nice to get away for a while, huh?" Sunny smiled softly, knowingly, and shrugged. "Things have been so crazy lately."

Cole passed out not long after getting in, stealing one last glance over at Chris.

"Mind if I ride with you? I don't have my car," Andrew said with a sheepish look.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 364