Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 364

Author Topic: Unlikely Allies  (Read 223689 times)

EloiseNagel

• God bless us, everyone!
Re: Unlikely Allies
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »

Xaviar noticed the sudden lack of pack in the crowd, so excusing himself to his otherwise absent blogger friend, went looking for the group, finally he made his way outside. "Rough night so far?" He asked Adeline, then noticing Cole he lifted a hand , "sup man?"
Resident Angel-type Pokémon

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2017, 06:22:53 PM »

"Just plain ol' beer. I'm a simple man with simple needs," Chris said as he popped open the tab of a Coors Light. With anyone else he probably would've shotgunned it, but he felt like Sunny wouldn't be enthused by the antic. "So, are you having fun?" he asked her, taking a moment to scan around the room as he took a sip from the can.

"There's a bedroom upstairs if he needs a place to lay down, too," Ferris told Andrew. "I don't think anyone would mind, really. Oh, I'm Ferris by the way," he smiled a bit before turning his attention to the drunk guy drinking water.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #197 on: August 28, 2017, 05:30:24 AM »

Sunny laughed and took a sip of her root beer. "I've tried beer. Not a fan," she said, and then answered, "Yeah, I'm having fun. You?"

"Not much; just drinking my life away." Cole high-fived Xaviar and took another sip of his beer.

"As long as no one's banging up there," he agreed. "I'm Andrew. Nice to meet you, Ferris."

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #198 on: August 28, 2017, 05:34:09 AM »

"Yeah some girl managed to spill a loada drinks on me while doing her party trick." Adeline looked up as she pursed her lips as he followed Xavier's eyes. "That's her there."

Mary slurped her pina colada and edged a little closer to Cole. "Why drink beer when it can bloat your stomach?"
You're filled with determination

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2017, 05:48:43 AM »

"Beer grows on you, give it time. Maybe some day I'll take you to get a real draft, and you'll be converted," Chris grinned. "But yeah, I'm having fun. Hopefully the cops don't come."

"It's a bit early for that, but we can always check," Ferris shrugged. "Besides this, are you having a good time, Andrew?"

Higher, further, faster

EloiseNagel

« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2017, 05:51:14 AM »

"Ooohhh..." Xaviar replied, sitting next to Adeline "Man, that sucks, but don't mind her, she's drunk."

Rachel finally looked up from her phone and was caught off guard by a couple making out, right where Xaviar was previously sitting. "..ewwww..." she got up and made her way to the where the drinks were served. As she made her way over and around the dancing and drinking bodies she ran right into Andrew, nearly knocking over the drunk friend they were helping.

Blue

« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2017, 07:06:11 AM »

Sunny smiled. "Well, we've got two years to plan."

Cole shrugged and looked off into the yard. He could see the dim red dots where people were smoking, and he wondered if he should join them. But instead he turned to Mary and said, "I'm probably going to go completely nuts and kill myself in the next few years, so I don't beer is going to hurt me that bad."

Andrew was about to reply to Ferris when he felt someone bump into him. "Hey, whoa!" he cried out, turning to see who it was.

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2017, 07:12:47 AM »

Adeline wrung her shirt once more and tied her shirt into a knot and smiled. "Haven't seen you around before... Adeline or Addie for short." The shirt stuck to her and since she was wearing a white shirt, you could see her undergarments.

Mary inhaled sharply and placed her empty glass on the side. "Honey, don't be so morbid." She replied fishing out a cigarette from the packet and placed it in between her lips.

You're filled with determination

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2017, 08:08:02 AM »

"Oh hell yeah, you're right! It'll be an extravaganza, maybe I'll even get balloons!" Chris was beaming now. He wasn't drunk by any means, but the shots he'd taken earlier and the beer he was drinking now were making him feel a bit fuzzy.

Ferris peered around Andrew, his eyes a bit wide at who had disturbed them. "You good?"
(Life update: I had cheba hut for lunch. It was bomb. Wasn't high.)

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #204 on: August 28, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »

"I love balloons!" Sunny's eyes lit up as soon as he mentioned them. "They're like my favorite thing!"

Cole shrugged and took another sip of beer. "Life as a werewolf. The crazy is just on the horizon."

(Cool cool.)

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »

"No kidding? Okay, what kind of balloons?" Chris asked as he took another sip. "Like, just regular round ones or those metallic ones that are like letters or numbers? They're pretty festive. They could spell out Beer or something."

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2017, 01:36:22 PM »

"I like pink ones. And the metallic-y foil looking ones. Oooh! And the ones with, like, confetti inside them. Confetti is my other favorite thing." The alcohol was definitely starting to make Sunny light headed. She hadn't been quite this excited about balloons twenty minutes ago

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »

"Cool, cool, confetti and balloons. I'll just store that in my brain vault," Chris laughed.

Higher, further, faster

EloiseNagel

« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2017, 01:20:24 AM »

(Wahhh I was doing college stuff!)
Adeline wrung her shirt once more and tied her shirt into a knot and smiled. "Haven't seen you around before... Adeline or Addie for short." The shirt stuck to her and since she was wearing a white shirt, you could see her undergarments.

Mary inhaled sharply and placed her empty glass on the side. "Honey, don't be so morbid." She replied fishing out a cigarette from the packet and placed it in between her lips.

"Nice to meet you." He said, keeping his gaze fixed on her face. "I'm Xaviar, but most people just call me Xaviar." His eyes squinted as he flashed her his usual goofy grin.
Sunny smiled. "Well, we've got two years to plan."

Cole shrugged and looked off into the yard. He could see the dim red dots where people were smoking, and he wondered if he should join them. But instead he turned to Mary and said, "I'm probably going to go completely nuts and kill myself in the next few years, so I don't beer is going to hurt me that bad."

Andrew was about to reply to Ferris when he felt someone bump into him. "Hey, whoa!" he cried out, turning to see who it was.
"So sorry! These heathens don't seem to get what personal space is." She squeaked out, "Are you okay?"

Blue

« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2017, 03:17:43 AM »

(I love Rachel already. "Heathens" is one of the best words ever.)

"What do you like?" Sunny asked him. "I need stuff for my brain vault."

"I'm fine. And Trent is so drunk that he's probably fine, too." Andrew looked over at Trent, who had decided to just lie down in the middle of thnfloor, apparently giving up on life.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 364