Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 364

Author Topic: Unlikely Allies  (Read 223779 times)

|ĸιrα|

Re: Unlikely Allies
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2017, 03:20:45 AM »

"What do I like?" Chris repeated. He wasn't really sure how to answer. "I like...um, I like my friends, I guess."

Ferris followed Andrew's gaze and shrugged. "Relatable," he mumbled.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »

Sunny raised her eyebrows. "I hope so. But I meant, like balloons and shit. What kind of party stuff do you like?"

"Oh yeah," Andrew muttered. Studio projects got the best of him most of the time.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »

"Oh shit, I love cake," Chris laughed.

"Rough day?" Ferris asked, his gaze sliding over to Andrew again.

Higher, further, faster

EloiseNagel

• God bless us, everyone!
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2017, 02:53:26 AM »

Rachel looked between the three friends and sighed. "Well just to make it a formal conversation, I'm Rachel, blogger and mythologist extraordinar!" She held out her hand towards Andrew.

Resident Angel-type Pokémon

Blue

« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2017, 04:13:52 AM »

Sunny nodded in agreement. "Cake is good. What's your favorite kind?"

Andrew smiled and shook Rachel's hand. "Andrew. Mythologist extraordinare, huh?"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2017, 04:20:53 AM »

"Vanilla. I like it to be pretty dense, too," Chris explained. "What's yours? Or are you a pie person?"

Ferris tilted his head. "What kind of mythology? Or just all?"

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2017, 04:33:54 AM »

"Xavier, love the name." Adeline smiled back, she pulled out a bottle out of the bucket and popped the cap off. "You want?"

"Beats being in the ocean," Mary shivered at the thought and took a long exhale. "You know... id love to be one of these humans, and be so... so... oblivious to everything..."
You're filled with determination

EloiseNagel

« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2017, 10:26:54 AM »

"Xavier, love the name." Adeline smiled back, she pulled out a bottle out of the bucket and popped the cap off. "You want?"

"Beats being in the ocean," Mary shivered at the thought and took a long exhale. "You know... id love to be one of these humans, and be so... so... oblivious to everything..."
Xaviar looked down at his now empty solo cup, "Sure, thanks." He took the bottle carefully and poured its contents into his cup.

Rachel shrugged, "A bit of everything I suppose, mostly European mytholog." She said beaming, "Are you guys interested in the courses as well?"

Blue

« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2017, 10:57:45 AM »

"I like pistachio cake, and really only eat pie on March 14," Sunny said. She hoped he would get the joke.

"You're not like the other mers, are you?" Cole asked. "I mean, they were humans who turned into mer, but you're like...the real deal. The original."

"I am, actually, but I wasn't sure how it would fit into my schedule." Andrew nodded once and pushed his glasses further up his nose.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2017, 11:02:33 AM »

Chris laughed at her joke, chuckling after a few moments. "I don't think I've ever actually eaten pie on pi day."

"My major kind of requires me to know some stuff about it, but I've never taken a class or anything," Ferris shrugged. The gears were turning in his head. Wasn't this Xaviar's friend? Aka the werewolf? If she was so interested in mythology, wouldn't she pick up on something being off with him eventually?

Higher, further, faster

EloiseNagel

« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2017, 03:05:16 PM »

Yay! I'm not the only one into this stuff! she cheered internally. "That's cool! There are a ton of openings still available, I'm sure that the teacher would looove more students!" She said suggested. For her, the more people in her mythology class, the less she felt like a complete and utter weirdo.

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2017, 08:09:56 PM »

"So did you come alone to this party?" Adeline took a swig and jumped up to sit on the ledge.

"You have a keen eye." Mary stood on her cigarette and turned towards him. "But I'll take that as a compliment."
You're filled with determination

Blue

« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2017, 12:07:21 AM »

"You're missing out. Eating pie on Pi Day is great, especially if you're with math nerds." Sunny laughed, finishing off her drink. Math nerds were great, but she was more of an anatomy nerd herself.

"Do Sunny and Ferris know that?" Cole asked her. He decided he needed more beer,  than he would wait until the conversation was finished.

Andrew nodded slowly. The more he knew, the better he could do his job. "I might take you up on that, actually."

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2017, 12:30:01 AM »

"Are you a math nerd?" Chris asked, raising an eyebrow. He supposed he was one, but that was just because he was a space nerd.

"Wait, what do you study?" Ferris asked Andrew. If there were two cryptid hunters around, he didn't know if befriending both of them was the greatest idea.

Higher, further, faster

EloiseNagel

« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2017, 01:05:47 AM »

Xaviar smiled, "Nah I came with my best friend, but she wasn't doing anything but blogging, so I decided to go find someone to have a real conversation with." He took a sip of his drink and sighed,"So... come here often?" He asked, followed by another cheesy grin.

"Awesome! And it's mythology, ya know vampires, Bigfoot, the Greek gods! All that jazz." She smiled wide. She always got excited when talking about mythology, especially when there was somebody who actually was interested.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:08:26 AM by EloiseNagel »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 364