Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 364

Author Topic: Unlikely Allies  (Read 223772 times)

Blue

Re: Unlikely Allies
« Reply #495 on: September 12, 2017, 08:27:29 AM »

(A mermaid's kiss protects against drowning. Like, forever. I imagine it would give the recipient the ability to breathe underwater.)
(And that sounds good to me! We can start now!)

The first thing Andrew wondered when he woke up was how he had been able to sleep so late when he was so used to getting up at the crack of dawn every day. The next thing he wondered was where his socks had went - he'd been wearing them the night before when he went to sleep, but must have taken them off at some point during the night.

Sunny rolled over onto her stomach to block her face from the sun, snuggling deeper into the pillow. In her dream, she was floating, nothing holding her back or weighing her down.

Cole hadn't been able to sleep much. Being tipsy and a only slightly high had messed with him, and he'd been laying awake with a migraine most of the night. Especially after he'd come home from skinny dipping in the ocean with Mary. He remembered being able to stay underwater much, much longer than he should have been able to, but then again, all the drugs he'd been intoxicated on had probably messed with his memory.

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #496 on: September 12, 2017, 08:53:46 AM »

Mary laid on the chair beside Cole during the night they just had. For a split second she had closed her eyes and dozed off yet the thrashing about in the water made her jolt  once more and looked to see if Cole was okay. She had to take him further from shore, away from the prying eyes. The mix of everything they had took was had deadly results, the games they played in the water sent Cole near to the bottom of the ocean floor, as he touched the sea bed she laid a long kiss on his lips, her arms circling him as with all her might dragged him to the top. Inhaling in sharply she leaned forward and pressed her fist to her lips, watching him intently. 
(Ooh i like this power)
You're filled with determination

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #497 on: September 12, 2017, 09:11:12 AM »

Ferris had woken up still a little buzzed, but he went into the kitchen to start making some food for himself and Andrew.

Chris had been awake for a while, since sleeping on the floor wasn't exactly ideal. He was sipping some orange juice in the kitchen and debated on bringing Sunny a glass, but he couldn't decide if that'd be weird.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #498 on: September 12, 2017, 09:33:47 AM »

(I do too, that's why I included it ^-^ )

Andrew eventually found his socks, and tried to smooth the wrinkles out of his clothes the best he could. He wandered into the kitchen and smiled when he saw Ferris. "Hey man."

Cole glanced over at Mary as she woke up, and offered her a small smile. "Morning," he said, running a hand through his hair.

(No Chris do it)

Sunny woke up a few minutes later, though she didn't get out of bed right away. Laying here felt nice.

LittleK

« Reply #499 on: September 12, 2017, 09:37:48 AM »

Mary looked up at him, her eyes red from the sleep deprivation and the salt from the sea. "Are you okay?" Her voice light, as she sat on the edge of his bed.

Blue

« Reply #500 on: September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 AM »

Cole nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" he asked. His migraine had weakened into just a headache, and that made talking much easier.

LittleK

« Reply #501 on: September 12, 2017, 09:45:13 AM »

Mary gently placed her hands on his shoulders and pushed him back onto the bed, "please don't move so suddenly, it'll only make you feel worse." Her voice full of concern as she now kneeled beside him.

Blue

« Reply #502 on: September 12, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »

"Mary-" His sentence got cut off as she pushed him down, and he looked up at her with wide, confused eyes. "What's wrong?"

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #503 on: September 12, 2017, 01:28:45 PM »

"Hey! Do you like eggs?" Ferris asked, looking over at him from the stove.

Chris finally talked himself into it, so he poured another glass and went upstairs, knocking on his door.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #504 on: September 12, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »

"Yeah! Yeah, I do," Andrew said, walking over so Ferris could hear him better.

Sunny sighed, but got up and opened the door. "Hey," she said, and smiled at Chris.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #505 on: September 12, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »

"Cool, how do you like them? Scrambled, sunny side up? I got it all," Ferris smiled at him. (Taking notes in class tomorrow on my computer is gonna be a real struggle with these nails oh man)

"Hey, sorry if I woke you up," Chris smiled apologetically and then offered the juice to her.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #506 on: September 12, 2017, 02:24:50 PM »

(Good luck buddy.)

"Scrambled's good. Thanks again for letting me crash here." Andrew leaned against the counter, bracing himself against it with the palms of his hands.

"Oh, no, you're totally fine. Is that for me?" Sunny asked, glancing down at the juice.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #507 on: September 12, 2017, 02:55:14 PM »

(Thanks)

"Oh, sure thing," Ferris.smiled and whipped the eggs before pouring them into a pan.

"Yeah, amd there's cereal or toast or eggs if you want. I can make pancakes too," Chris offered.

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2017, 05:03:43 PM »

"Cole... please just lie down. Trust me." Mary whispered, with the back of her hand she brushed over his forehead to check his temperature and sighed. "You don't remember anything?"

Blue

« Reply #509 on: September 13, 2017, 12:15:58 AM »

Andrew nodded in response and watched Ferris cook the eggs, thinking.

"I remember we talked about going swimming. And I kind of remember walking home, and seeing you underwater." Cole let her push him down, and he closed his eyes when she touched his forehead.

"Oh, thank you. I'll be down soon," Sunny promised. Walking around a house full of guys without a bra on didn't seem like a good idea to her.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 364