Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 364

Author Topic: Unlikely Allies  (Read 223774 times)

|ĸιrα|

Re: Unlikely Allies
« Reply #1560 on: February 08, 2018, 10:36:25 AM »

Chris was sitting in the sand with his hands on knees, and smiled when he saw Sunny come back up and stood, heading back down toward the surf to meet her.

Ferris raised an eyebrow and watched the cleaners for a moment, then turned toward Addie. "Do you want any help?" he offered.

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #1561 on: February 08, 2018, 10:39:20 AM »

"Hey, you're my guests... just sit and tell me would you prefer tea or coffee? Or leftover vodka?" Addie asked as she poured herself a glass of orange juice.
You're filled with determination

Blue

« Reply #1562 on: February 08, 2018, 11:00:20 AM »

Sunny smiled over at him, and started crawling up the beach once she was out of the waves. She just hoped she didn't look like a sea monster while doing it. Crawling wasn't exactly the most graceful thing.

"Uh...coffee's good for me, thanks." Andrew slid his hands in his pockets again and looked around the living room.

LittleK

« Reply #1563 on: February 08, 2018, 11:08:38 AM »

Addie placed bacon onto the pan and watched Andrew. “Did you lose something last night or just admiring the view?” She presses the buttons on her coffee maker, and placed it on the counter top.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1564 on: February 08, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »

Chris waited for her and sat down on the beach. "All done?" he asked, glancing her over once. His gaze lingered on her tail for a moment, then he brought his eyes back up to her face.

"Just water for me, I don't really do caffeine," Ferris told her.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #1565 on: February 08, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »

Sunny nodded. "Yeah, I didn't feel like doing a marathon swim today." She caught his eyes as they moved back up to her face, and she rolled over on to her side to show the front of her tail. "You can look at it, if you want. I don't mind."

"Admiring the view. You have a real nice place," he said to Addie as he turned back to her.

The moon lady was talking to herself, but not in a language Cole understood. Suddenly, the scene changed, and he and the woman were standing together in a forest, only illuminated by moonlight and the stars. She opened her mouth, about to say something, when a huge creature burst out of the trees and snatched the woman up in its teeth. The animal - a wolf, because what else would it be? - dragged her off into the night, leaving a trail of silvery blood behind, and Cole found himself screaming as he awoke.

LittleK

« Reply #1566 on: February 08, 2018, 09:35:02 PM »

Addie went into another fridge and poured Ferris’ water into a glass and slid it his way. She chuckled at Andrew’s remark. “Thank you, but this isn’t the best room in the house.”

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1567 on: February 09, 2018, 09:56:52 AM »

Chris hesitated, then let his eyes wander over her tail again. "It's so bright," he said quietly.

"What's the best?" Ferris asked, taking a sip of his water.

[o: ]

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

« Reply #1568 on: February 09, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »

(Bruh, Clem. Hold him :o)

“Glad you asked.” As she started to slide the plate of breakfast his way. “Guys eat away, then I’ll show you. It’s not a place you bring food to.” Addie jumped into the counter and started to eat.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1569 on: February 09, 2018, 10:59:00 AM »

(She left yo)

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

« Reply #1570 on: February 09, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »

(She should have psychic powers and run to him)

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1571 on: February 09, 2018, 11:01:48 AM »

[mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe?]

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #1572 on: February 09, 2018, 02:07:34 PM »

(I'm cool with psychic hunters. It makes it harder to keep secrets c:< )

Sunny smiled again and nodded. "Yeah. I'm surprised I don't attract sharks."

Andrew raised an eyebrow at that, but otherwise didn't comment as he ate.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1573 on: February 09, 2018, 02:51:25 PM »

[YEAH. OKAY.]

Clemence was almost out of the hospital - she'd gotten a little lost - when something made her stop dead in her tracks. She felt kind of cold, but she mostly had the insistent urge to go back and check on Cole. Fighting with herself for a moment, she finally lamented and turned around, booking it back up to his room. When she was getting there, she already saw a nurse going in in a hurry and could hear Cole screaming, so she followed in after the nurse.

"You're probably bigger than most of the sharks around here, so they wouldn't be interested in eating you," Chris shrugged. "Or maybe you have some weird mermaid power that deters them."

Ferris just gave her a weird look but ate happily.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #1574 on: February 09, 2018, 03:05:57 PM »

Cole's heart was still pounding, even after he'd fully woken up to the nurse shaking him, and he realized she was saying something about pain medication.
"No, I don't need more meds, I'm not in pain," he insisted, even though it was a lie.
The nurse gave him a look, but left the room without pushing the matter.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 364