Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 364

Author Topic: Unlikely Allies  (Read 223663 times)

Blue

Re: Unlikely Allies
« Reply #1770 on: February 21, 2018, 12:46:45 PM »

Sunny kept the kiss gentle, breathing slowly through her nose. After a few seconds, she pulled away slightly and said, "I'm gonna apologize in advance if you can never take a normal shower again."

"Nah, I'm good. I actually just ate breakfast," Andrew said, and took another sip of his coffee.

"Check'll be fine. I just have to see an ID, miss." Greg took another sip of his water bottle, and Cole reached out to squeeze Clemence's hand softly.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1771 on: February 21, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »

"Who cares?" Chris laughed and beamed at her, his mood completely lifted. He'd almost forgotten about the moon that night - almost.

Clemence glanced at Cole and smiled softly, then reached into her bag and pulled her ID out, handing it to Greg before she released Cole's hand to write out the check quickly.

"No clue. We should probably text them to see," Ferris said, pulling his phone out.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #1772 on: February 22, 2018, 03:30:32 AM »

Sunny smiled back, wide enough to show all her teeth, and she leaned up to kiss him again. This one, though, was brief, and she pulled away soon after to check the alfredo sauce.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1773 on: February 22, 2018, 05:45:39 AM »

Chris grinned and let her cook for a minute, then came over and wrapped his arms around her waist and put his head on her shoulder. "How's it coming?"

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #1774 on: February 22, 2018, 06:11:34 AM »

"Good." Sunny paused and let her hand rest on Chris' face. "It'll be ready real soon."

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1775 on: February 22, 2018, 06:19:07 AM »

"Awesome," he kissed her cheek and then turned away to get some bowls and forks out for them.

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #1776 on: February 22, 2018, 07:26:02 AM »

Addie took a bite of her cake and drank her coffee. “So What or whom do you need taking care of tonight?”

“You text Chris... I think I’ve pissed him off too much. I’ll text Cole.” Mary put her hair up, and quickly dropped a text to Cole. How are you looking after yourself tonight? btw are you feeling better?
You're filled with determination

Blue

« Reply #1777 on: February 22, 2018, 09:12:37 AM »

Sunny smiled to herself, happy that she'd been able to cheer him up. Even though she couldn't stop the full moon, she could at least make him pasta, and she supposed that would have to be enough. She turned the burner for the sauce down low so it could simmer, strained the noodles and shrimp of excess water, and combined them into the sauce pan to melt together, adding extra cheese on top.

Andrew paused, thinking of how to answer that. He couldn't exactly tell Addie the truth; it would put her in way too much danger. So he said, "I can't tell you that."

Cole watched the exchange, as Greg verified Clemence's information and went over the final details with her. He felt his phone go off in his pocket, and he sent a reply: I don't have a plan. And yeah, I'm fine.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1778 on: February 22, 2018, 09:36:19 AM »

"It smells awesome," Chris said happily and brought the bowls over.

Clemence finished up and then turned toward Cole. "When are you off today?" She asked, twirling her keys around her finger.

Ferris nodded and sent a text to Chris, just asking what the plan was.
Chris stopped what he was doing and then frowned, unsure. Haven't got one. Any ideas?

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #1779 on: February 22, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »

"Thanks. Hopefully it tastes just as awesome as it smells." Sunny smiled and scooped their portions into the bowls as she turned the burner off. She then noticed his frown, and furrowed her own brows in response. "Something wrong?"

"I'm off at five. Wanna do dinner?" Cole asked, smiling softly. It would be something fun to do before that night. And if they went right away, there would be plenty of time before moonrise.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1780 on: February 22, 2018, 02:54:42 PM »

"Uh, Ferris texted me. I don't really have a plan for tonight," he said, looking up at her.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Where at?" She asked, adjusting the strap of her bag on her shoulder.

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #1781 on: February 23, 2018, 03:15:42 AM »

"I guess we should probably make one, huh?" Sunny said, mostly to herself, as she set the food down in the kitchen table.

Andrew paused, thinking of how to answer that. He couldn't exactly tell Addie the truth; it would put her in way too much danger. So he said, "I can't tell you that."

"Mm, I dunno. What are you hungry for?" Cole asked, leaning up against the car.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1782 on: February 23, 2018, 04:00:54 AM »

"Probably," Chris shrugged and sighed, then went to go sit down. That wasn't really something he wanted to think about.

"I'm good with anything," Clemence shrugged. "Um, pizza?"

Higher, further, faster

Blue

« Reply #1783 on: February 23, 2018, 04:18:34 AM »

Sunny came up behind him and hugged him around the shoulders. "We don't have to think of that yet," she murmured. "It can wait for later."

"Yeah, pizza sounds good." Cole smiled and leaned down to kiss her forehead. So far, this was the easiest pre-full moon day he'd had in a while. Maybe the whole seeing someone thing was worth it after all.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #1784 on: February 23, 2018, 04:29:42 AM »

Chris put his hands on her arms and sighed, then smiled. "Yeah, you're right," he said quietly.

Clemence smiled, then reached out and squeezed his good hand. "Okay, I'll see you later," she said and kissed his lips quickly.

Higher, further, faster
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 364