Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 36236 times)

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2018, 02:27:40 AM »

“I’m okay, I think.” Milo pulled their braid over their shoulder and fiddled with it. “I’m scared, but...they’ll keep us safe, right?”

"I...I think they will. They have to." Orville tried to assure both himself and Milo. "We'll be okay."

Kalavhan just nodded, patiently listening to what she said. If it makes you feel any better, I think my human hates me, too. And I'm also scared, he admitted. He glanced around at the others. Human and monster alike they all looked confused, miserable, and terrified. It was almost comforting. Maybe there was some solidarity to be had there.

Aphis resisted the urge to cry. They didn't deserve this - Being trapped with these hateful humans. Life was just going to get worse and worse. How was this peaceful at all?

Lina simply nodded as she watched the shore get farther and farther away, unable to stop the tears from flowing down her cheeks.

Orville noticed Lina's tears as she faced the shore.
"She...seems upset." He quietly observed aloud. "Hey, uh, are you okay?" He raised his voice just enough for Lina to hear.

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2018, 02:41:39 AM »

Lina hastily wiped her tears away, hating to seem so weak. “No,” she admitted, still staring at the shore with longing. What if he was hurt in all that chaos? It was horrible not knowing. “I don’t know if I’ll ever be okay again”

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2018, 02:45:42 AM »

Kaia looked up at Aphis. “Not all humans are so hateful,” she replied to his thought. By now she figured her cover was blown but she hoped that nobody would notice in the chaos. She just couldn’t let Aphis - or any of the monsters - believe that all humans were awful.
Member since April 24th 2010

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2018, 02:55:01 AM »

Aphis sniffled, trying to hold back her tears.
"Why should I trust you?" She asked. "You could be lying like the rest of them."

Orville frowned. "This is going to be okay." He tried to assure Lina. "I'm sure we'll be able to figure things out once everything's calmed down!"

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2018, 04:24:10 AM »

“Because I don’t hate you,” Kaia reasoned. “And neither does my father, in case you needed another person as an example.”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2018, 04:41:07 AM »

Kalavhan was surprised by the human's statement, but pleased. It was nice to know she didn't hate him, even though she probably had reason to. He turned to Aphis. I don't think she has a reason to lie. She's scared, just like the rest of us.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2018, 04:46:00 AM »

Aphis didn't know how to respond. She held her head in her hands.
"I just don't understand." She began to sob. "I-I don't get it. Why is this happening to us?"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2018, 04:52:10 AM »

Kal lowered his head. He didn't know the answer to that. He didn't have any answers. Someone will come by and tell us. Soon, probably.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2018, 05:07:19 AM »

Kaia winced as another wave of pain came over her, due to all the panicked thoughts. "I think... they'll have to tell us. Why this is happening to us, I mean." She hoped they would.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2018, 05:13:33 AM »

"Attention, passengers." A calm, female voice sounded over a speaker system. "There are beds and food in the lower quarters of the boat. Please help yourself, and we will get to our location in a little over an hour."

"Where are we even going?" Orville wondered aloud. He looked around at the others who'd been chosen. Maybe they should...get to know each other? As long as they were going to be stuck on the ship, might as well make things less awkward. But then again, things were already really awkward.

Aphis looked up at the sky. It was empty blackness, like the sky was just....void. It was terrifying. Even in the caverns, there was bioluminescence, there were reflections, there was light. This was....This was nothingness.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2018, 06:16:51 AM »

(Orville: do you guys wanna play never have I ever or something)

A bed and food sounded really good to Milo about then. Besides, if they went belowdecks, they wouldn’t have to look at the void hanging in the sky. The void that was the sky? They didn’t want to think about it. They peeled themself reluctantly off the wall and headed downstairs, glancing at the others to see who would come with.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2018, 06:23:28 AM »

We should head down, Kal said to Aphis and Kaia, tail touching the former, hand the latter. It'll be better if we don't have to see the darkness. He let them go, standing up.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2018, 07:16:52 AM »

Kaia stood up, though all she wanted to do was remain sitting. The headache had turned into a migraine, and how she was nauseous. "Let's just go quickly," she said, mostly to herself. "It'll be better once we're below deck."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2018, 07:20:12 AM »

Are you alright? You look sick, Kalavhan asked her, once again brushing her with his tail. It would be so much easier if he could project his thoughts without touch, into anyone. He really needed to start practicing that.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2018, 07:22:10 AM »

"I..." she started, but stopped. It seemed that, despite everything, they hadn't noticed her mind reading abilities. "I'm just overwhelmed," she said. "I just want to sit."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24