Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 36349 times)

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2018, 06:12:38 AM »

"Ah...Yeah. I always kind of thought humans were scary." Aphis admitted, glancing through the gate at the humans on the other side. They seemed....a lot less horrific than her family had told her they were. They weren't even that furry - It all just seemed to be localized to their heads or sometimes faces, which hardly seemed very practical. How would they stay warm in cold seasons? "They're actually, just... kind of soft-looking, I guess?" She figured. "Soft-looking, and, uh. Yeah, kind of boring. Hardly terrifying like what I was told."

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2018, 07:28:27 AM »

Abi stood waiting with her family. Will I get picked? Who will I be with? Will they like-
"Abi, you're going to electricute someone if you don't calm down." Her mother said quietly, pointing to the sparks coming off her hair.
"Eeep!"

"Such a waist of time." Oz complained. "I have a gig to practice for."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2018, 07:34:38 AM »

Some of them look scared. Do you think they're nervous about all this, too? He asked, completely oblivious to the fact that some of the humans were no doubt terrified of the monsters. It was a thought that never crossed his mind; he knew he wasn't scary, and most of the other monsters he knew weren't scary, so he couldn't imagine anyone being frightened of them or him.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2018, 12:11:27 PM »

"...They must be, right?" Aphis figured, her voice uncertain. "They say they're just like us. So...If they are just like us, they'd feel just as nervous."
But glancing back through the gate, she took note of the humans she saw. Some did seem nervous, sure, and some seemed truly scared, but...It was impossible to tell if they really were, right? Her grandmother had told her humans were liars and tricksters who pretended to act just like monsters did.
She found as she heard a human on the other side of the fence express his distaste for the ceremony. A waste of his time? Do humans care at all about the fact that this was supposed to represent peace?
"But....I don't know if they're like us at all. Maybe this ceremony means something entirely different to them."

Orville glanced at the man who mentioned...a gig?
"Hey, man." He tried to grab the man's attention. Maybe this dude just didn't really understand the ceremony? Even if Orville saw flaws in it, there was no reason to call what was supposed to be a meaningful event a 'waste of time'.
"I'm sure it'll at be done and over with soon. No need to lash out, friend."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2018, 03:05:23 PM »

Different? How so? Kal asked. Oh, I'm sorry for bothering you, by the way, he added, unsure of whether or not she actually wanted to talk to him or if she was just being friendly. Either way he didn't want to impose.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »

"Oh, it's no problem!" Aphis waved her hand nonchalantly. It was a bit nerve-wracking to talk to someone, but he seemed...he seemed nice, albeit still scary-looking. "I just mean that...Some of the humans there seem to...not be taking this ceremony as seriously as we do. It feels disrespectful of them." Well, one human acted that way, but Aphis supposed she couldn't afford to assume all humans weren't the same. After all, they thought all monsters were the same. Or at least, that was what her grandfather had told her.

"Attention: Five minutes until the Ceremony begins!" The Announcer called.

Aphis bit her lip nervously. All her talking, and she'd hardly realized how close things were getting to being...well, she'd endured these Ceremonies before, and she had never been picked, but her heart still began to quicken.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2018, 03:23:23 PM »

"Please calm down dear." Abi's mother insisted, dodging her lashing tail.
"Sorry Mamma." Abi grabbed her unruly appendage.

"Your time might not be valuable, but mine is." Oz shot back.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2018, 03:25:01 PM »

“Oh gods, it’s almost time,” Kaia said under her breath. She glanced around nervously, surveilling the other monsters and humans who were there. Some looked so calm while others looked so nervous. She wondered how the calm ones managed it.
Member since April 24th 2010

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »

It's almost time! Kalavhan thought, as if she hadn't heard the announcement. He clapped his hands together in glee, though his tail still touched her so she could hear him. We should get to the stage, don't you think?

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2018, 03:49:35 PM »

"Eeee..." Abi squeeked, bouncing in place.

"Gods, let's just get it over already!" Oz grumbled.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »

It's almost time! Kalavhan thought, as if she hadn't heard the announcement. He clapped his hands together in glee, though his tail still touched her so she could hear him. We should get to the stage, don't you think?

"I, ah, yeah, alright!" Aphis agreed. "Let's, ah, let's head up to the stage!" She hoped she seemed excited. She was truly more dreading, but she didn't want to seem rude. She figured she could probably take the lead, so she stepped ahead of Kalavhan and motioned for her newfound...friend? To follow her.

“Oh gods, it’s almost time,” Kaia said under her breath. She glanced around nervously, surveilling the other monsters and humans who were there. Some looked so calm while others looked so nervous. She wondered how the calm ones managed it.
"Gods, let's just get it over already!" Oz grumbled.

Orville made a bold decision in hopes of helping make this stranger's day a bit better and tried to reassuringly pat her shoulder as if to say 'Hey, it's okay!'
However, the other stranger wasn't helping.
"C'mon, quiet down, now." He snapped at the complaining man. "People here are excited, don't try to ruin this for everyone else."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2018, 04:11:05 PM »

Kal trotted along after her, staying close so he wouldn't lose her in the crowd which got more and more dense as they got closer to the stage. At one point he gently touched her on the head again. I should probably hang back. I can't be in front, some people might not be able to see past me and that's rude. He gave her a friendly wave with his free hand. It was nice meeting you, Aphis. I hope we see each other again some day.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »

Abi started to move forward. Ohgodsohgodsohgods....

Oz followed listlessly.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2018, 04:19:22 PM »

Kaia made her way deeper into the crowd and closer to the front. Even though she herself didn't want to be picked, she was curious to see who was.
Member since April 24th 2010

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2018, 04:42:34 PM »

Milo shuffled forward as the crowd moved, more nervous about trying not to bump into people than how close the drawing was. They tugged their braid over their shoulder and twisted it on their fingers to keep it from catching on anything. Or anyone.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24