Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 36324 times)

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2018, 02:52:01 PM »

The woman lowered her gun. "Come on, then." She huffed, sounding tired. "I don't have any say in what happens. I'm just a guard. If you two want to break it off, then talk to the peacekeepers at the castle. But you can't run off and expect everything to fix itself. There are rules. I'm not a big fan of Ceremonies either, but we have to go. Or else none of the others can get to safety. It's how this all works."

The sky was entirely dark. It was like night, without a moon or stars.

Orville clung to Milo as well. It felt odd to get so close to a stranger, but Orville was terrified, so he supposed it didn't matter.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2018, 03:00:28 PM »

"One more thing. If you EVER threaten her again, I'm going to be real every bone in your body." She looped an arm thru Lina's, and headed for the boat.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2018, 03:01:12 PM »

Kalavhan had found a spot away from everyone else aboard the boat. With his size he would only get in the way. He sat quietly watching, waiting, wanting to ask someone exactly what was going on and suddenly wishing he had the ability to speak. It would have made him feel so much less alone.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2018, 03:07:20 PM »

(I’m sending metaphysical hugs to Kalavhan I love him)

When everyone finally got on the boat, Milo dared to loosen their grip on Orville. “Are you okay?” they asked him.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2018, 03:15:14 PM »

<**he appreciates it and loves you too!**>

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2018, 03:15:37 PM »

a hint of a smile crept upon Lina's face, "You're not that bad," she announced, "really not my type...in more than one way but you're not that bad," she said with a bit of a shrug. Lina walked alongside the guards and Abi towards the docks, trying desperately to keep herself from falling apart.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2018, 03:18:44 PM »

Orville gave a nervous smile to Milo. "I'm fine!" He insisted. "Just a bit shaken up. You?"

Aphis sat down next to Kalavhan, still shivering. She decided not to say anything, to prevent her from embarrassing herself, but she felt so horrible. She was paired with someone who hated her. The darkness came back. Everything that COULD go wrong did go wrong.

When Abi and Lina got onto the boat, the driver of the boat quickly had the crew moving forwards, away from the island - Bur not away from the darkness.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2018, 03:24:13 PM »

Kalavhan gently touched Aphis with his tail. Are you okay? Oh, sorry. That's dumb. Of course you're not. None of them were. He looked up, noticing the crew, a sinking feeling clawing at his stomach. What was going on?

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »

"Never dated girls either." Abi told her quietly. "We'll find a way to end this charade, and get you home."

Oz sat stiff and numb, wallowing in his own misery.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2018, 03:35:03 PM »

Kalavhan gently touched Aphis with his tail. Are you okay? Oh, sorry. That's dumb. Of course you're not. None of them were. He looked up, noticing the crew, a sinking feeling clawing at his stomach. What was going on?

"I'm....scared." Aphis admitted. "Everything that could go wrong did go wrong." She looked at Oz. "The human I was paired with hates me. The darkness came back. Everyone's panicking and I don't know if anyone here actually likes each other!" What even was that weird person who showed up? What did they mean 'Enter the Abyss'?

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2018, 03:54:31 PM »

Orville gave a nervous smile to Milo. "I'm fine!" He insisted. "Just a bit shaken up. You?"
“I’m okay, I think.” Milo pulled their braid over their shoulder and fiddled with it. “I’m scared, but...they’ll keep us safe, right?”
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2018, 04:15:19 PM »

Kalavhan just nodded, patiently listening to what she said. If it makes you feel any better, I think my human hates me, too. And I'm also scared, he admitted. He glanced around at the others. Human and monster alike they all looked confused, miserable, and terrified. It was almost comforting. Maybe there was some solidarity to be had there.

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »

Lina simply nodded as she watched the shore get farther and farther away, unable to stop the tears from flowing down her cheeks.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2018, 04:41:25 PM »

Kalavhan noticed the human crying, and offered a friendly wave. It was all he could think of to do. He wanted to make sure everyone felt... not happy, no. But safe. That was it. Of course it was also because worrying about everyone else kept his mind occupied from worrying about the darkness, the chaos, his friends. He could only hope that they'd gotten away.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2018, 11:57:47 PM »

(Sorry i went to bed super early last night cuz I was exhausted)

Kaia sat huddled up into a ball on the floor. Her head felt like it was going to explode with all the mental noise and chaos. Kalavhan had probably saved her from being trampled though, so for that she was grateful. She was afraid too, now that the darkness was back.

I think my human hates me, too

Kalavhan’s thought echoed around in her brain on top of everyone else’s, and before she could stop herself, she said in a very shaky voice, “I don’t hate you.”
Member since April 24th 2010
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24