Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 32383 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2018, 07:31:16 AM »

They said they have beds. You should probably lie down. He stopped at the door leading below deck, glancing back at that awful, impenetrable, darkness once again before descending.

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2018, 07:42:36 AM »

Lina stayed on deck, looking out at the shore until it was completely swallowed up by the darkness. It was hard to imagine any scenario where she would get back home. With a deep sigh, she forced herself to get up and follow the others below deck.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2018, 08:07:44 AM »

Abi moved, keeping watch over Lina. "For the record, I've never really swung towards girls either." She said quietly.

Oz made his way down, looking grumpy. "Is there any food?"
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2018, 08:41:23 AM »

(Orville: Let's tell each other secrets!)

Aphis followed after Kalavhan and Kaia, keeping her head down as she headed below deck.

There was a rather lavish circular room with what looked like a small kitchen, a minifridge, and two beds on either side of it. There were also two doorless doorways that led into other similar rooms with three beds in them each, and some nice cupboards. All the beds had comfortable-looking blankets and the area looked very well-kept. In each room was an expensive-looking television on the wall.

Aphis knelt by one of the minifridges and opened it.

What a motherload. The fridge was stocked with candies, sodas, wines, and junk foods of both human and monster origin. She recognized several of these brands from her family's store!

Grabbing two different bottles of monster-originated soda she recognized and a couple bags of monster-originated candies, she shut the fridge door and sat down in front of the minifridge, her four arms full.
"Yeah, there's food." She quietly snapped. But he wasn't going to get any.

Orville followed Milo downstairs, not wanting to stray too far from them. He made an impressed whistling sound upon seeing how fancy the lower quarters were.
"....These lower quarters are, uh. Fancy." He said, not sure what else to say. He was still reeling.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2018, 09:23:02 AM »

“Fancy is right,” Milo agreed. They felt severely underdressed; maybe they would’ve cleaned up a bit if they knew they’d be chosen. Or maybe they wouldn’t have bothered, if they knew the world would lowkey end immediately afterward. They knelt by a minifridge asked Orville, “You want anything?” Did humans eat the same stuff as monsters? Did humans eat at all? They had to, right?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2018, 10:07:41 AM »

The ceiling was fairly high, which was nice. Kal hated having to stoop over so he didn't destroy light fixtures. Or get stuck. He walked over to Aphis, who seemed to be guarding the fridge. Don't feel like sharing? He asked wryly.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »

Kaia sat on one of the beds in the corner. "Is there anything grape in there?" she asked. "It kind of eases my stomach. But not actual grapes though. Something grape flavoured."
Member since April 24th 2010

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »

Excuse me, Kalavhan said to Aphis as he gently moved her out of the way, retrieving a bottle of grape soda for Kaia. He handed it to her, also placing a hand on her shoulder. Sorry, I need to be touching you so you can hear me, he explained, tail swaying as his nerves set in. I... I hope this makes you feel better. And... uh... He suddenly didn't know what to say as the gravity of their situation set in. He'd been chosen.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »

“Thank you,” Kaia replied. “We’re sll just going to have to get used to this new reality, I guess.” She took a sip of the grape soda and it helped. The artificial grape flavour reminded her of the grape flavoured medicine she had as a child. Now, most of the time she hated grape flavour, but when she was feeling sick, it helped.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2018, 03:53:09 PM »

“Fancy is right,” Milo agreed. They felt severely underdressed; maybe they would’ve cleaned up a bit if they knew they’d be chosen. Or maybe they wouldn’t have bothered, if they knew the world would lowkey end immediately afterward. They knelt by a minifridge asked Orville, “You want anything?” Did humans eat the same stuff as monsters? Did humans eat at all? They had to, right?

Orville looked at the fridge.
"...I don't know if I recognize much of the stuff in there." He frowned and grabbed a red soda with a logo he couldn't read. It must be written in the Monster Alphabet.

"Don't drink that." Aphis warned as she shoved a handful of Sugar Spiders (a tasty treat from the Underdark - feels like real spiders!) into her mouth. "It's Dragondrool."

"...What?"

"I dunno." Aphis shrugged. "Hey." She glanced up at Milo. Might as well befriend the other monsters there for when the humans inevitably turned on them. "Want some Sugar Spiders?" She held up the bag of scuttling candies.'

The ceiling was fairly high, which was nice. Kal hated having to stoop over so he didn't destroy light fixtures. Or get stuck. He walked over to Aphis, who seemed to be guarding the fridge. Don't feel like sharing? He asked wryly.

"You guys can have the food," She explained. "Just...not him." She looked at Oz.

Excuse me, Kalavhan said to Aphis as he gently moved her out of the way, retrieving a bottle of grape soda for Kaia. He handed it to her, also placing a hand on her shoulder. Sorry, I need to be touching you so you can hear me, he explained, tail swaying as his nerves set in. I... I hope this makes you feel better. And... uh... He suddenly didn't know what to say as the gravity of their situation set in. He'd been chosen.

Aphis allowed herself to be moved silently, simply clutching the food she'd taken.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 03:54:47 PM by GreyCaboose »

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2018, 04:02:20 PM »

"WHAT?! Oz looked at her incredulously.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2018, 04:08:22 PM »

Aphis flinched and moved back in front of the fridge, clutching her food and avoiding eye contact. He didn't deserve food. Or attention. He'd proven he didn't care about monsters, or how awful she felt. And his attitude wasn't helping anyone. It was like Aphis' mother always said 'If you're a pissy little worm, you don't get dinner, kiddo'.
Her mother always knew best.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2018, 04:12:06 PM »

Being unable to speak had never been such a problem for him. Kalavhan was certain that, if he had been able to speak to everyone at once, he could have easily calmed the situation with a mature discussion. That, however, was not an option in his current state. He gently touched the top of Aphis's head. Making enemies won't help anyone. It was the last thing any of them needed.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2018, 04:14:37 PM »

“Look, everyone needs to eat,” Kaia said. “We’re all pissy and generally uncomfortable with everything that’s happened to us. If we’re going to live together, we don’t have to like each other, but we do have to be civil and cooperate.”

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2018, 04:23:03 PM »

Aphis huffed and looked at Kalavhan. "He's clearly some human who only cares about himself." She defended. "He doesn't even care that I'm stuck with him. He's selfish, just look at him." She looked down at the food in her arms. "I just...I don't know." What was this? Some petty way of getting back at the human for being chosen? "....He's one of the bad ones. I know it."

“Look, everyone needs to eat,” Kaia said. “We’re all pissy and generally uncomfortable with everything that’s happened to us. If we’re going to live together, we don’t have to like each other, but we do have to be civil and cooperate.”

Aphis didn't know what to say.
"...I'm going to be stuck with him for the rest of my life." She insisted. "Might as well have him hate me now so we can get it over with."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24