Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 36444 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »

Kalavhan, he corrected, his tail swaying. Nice to meet you too, Orville. He was pleased. Most of the humans were quite friendly, in their own way. It made him feel all warm and fuzzy, and almost distracted him from the abyss. Almost.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2018, 02:12:16 PM »

“Kavalhan?” Milo echoed. They wiped the Cheeto dust from their hand and held it out to shake. “I’m Milo. Oh! And I have a tail, too!” They pulled back their offered hand to tug their tail from their pant leg and swished it around behind them.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2018, 03:00:35 PM »

Orville smiled, glad that Kalavhan seemed to be friendly, before jumping a bit in surprise when Milo showed they had a tail, too. "Woah! You have a tail, too?" He asked, surprised. "That's so cool!"

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »

Kal sighed. He had never considered his name hard to pronounce until now. Oh well. He looked over at Milo, raising his tail in solidarity. Orville was right: tails were cool.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2018, 03:21:40 PM »

"Correction, not all of us eat bugs. And usually ground up in things." Abi clarified. "I usually don't." She opened a Sprite.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2018, 03:24:46 PM »

"Your loss, I guess. Insects are all the rage in the Eastern caverns." Aphis explained - Abi seemed pretty nice. "My mom makes the best choco centipede roll cake." And then the sadness again, dangit.

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2018, 03:30:17 PM »

"We have more access to fish in the east." Abi continued, tail coiled around her legs. You should try my Nanna's lox."

Oz continued eating, and alternating drinking his cola.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »

All of a sudden Kal felt himself feeling homesick, hearing them all talk about food from home. He sat back and concentrated, trying to reach out to his parents or siblings. He heard nothing back. His tail tucked down, a sheer indication that his mood had gone south.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2018, 04:12:14 PM »

"Lox, huh?" Aphis asked. "I've always wanted to try fish. My parents used to make, uh...sushi? But since no fish, we used these fat glowing grubs."

Orville frowned in concern upon seeing Kal suddenly seem so...sad.
"You...okay?" He asked, voice soft.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2018, 04:14:05 PM »

Milo shoved their tail back in their pants with an appreciative grin to Orville, and leaned towards Kal-whatever, their sympathy mirroring Orville’s. “My mom says I give good hugs,” they offered.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2018, 04:16:39 PM »

"Mmm sushi." Abi smiled in memory. "With textured algae to make it like...what was it called....seaweed."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2018, 04:17:08 PM »

I tried to contact my family just now, but I'm not hearing anything back, Kalavhan said to Orville. I hope it's not because of... the darkness, he added softly. No, no they were probably okay. He was just too far for them to hear. He looked over at Milo, and would have smiled if he could. Instead he just leaned towards them, initiating a hug.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2018, 04:21:24 PM »

"Mmm sushi." Abi smiled in memory. "With textured algae to make it like...what was it called....seaweed."

"Yeah. My dad called it...Mockweed? It was okay. I liked it better when they used it to make these, like, bittersweet candies I used to be addicted to." Aphis gave a nostalgic grin before it dropped. "All of that's gone for us now."

Orville gave a sympathetic look to Kal. "That's...I'm sorry. I'm sure they're okay!" He tried reassuring Kalavhan. When Orville was 12, he left his family to work for his dad's friend in his auto shop. He kind of felt bad he hadn't tried to keep more in touch with them since then. ....Were they okay?

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2018, 04:22:04 PM »

Milo smiled and squeezed Kalavhan against their chest. Maybe they couldn’t fix anything, but hugging the sh-t out of everyone on this boat was exactly in their skill set, and maybe that could calm things down a bit.

- Catvomitsky

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »

Abi turned to Lina. "How 'bout you? What foods do you like?"

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24