Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 36190 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #255 on: November 23, 2018, 06:47:32 AM »

Milo watched Orville flip through depressing news channels and pulled their phone out of their pocket. “I’ve got a few episodes of this cartoon downloaded,” they offered, holding the phone out to him. “It’s this kinda obscure one about uh, forbidden love between a monster and a human, but it’s really cute. For kids. If, uh, you wanna watch? I can tell you what happened in the first few episodes.”
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #256 on: November 23, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »

Abi's attention turned to the news and Kaia. Thaw girl was part monster? Oh. "This news is such wyrmshit." She said. "We're the ones who don't want peace? Don't they realize that we're just a sample of the general population?"
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »

Aphis laughed. "And it was clear the humans were the ones angrier and more, well, non-peaceful than we were." She stated. She was pretty shocked at the revelation one of them was part monster part human as well, but supposed it'd seem rude to eavesdrop. Although if that girl could read minds, maybe she already knew Aphis was eavesdropping. Dang, that's both cool and creepy. "Although maybe that's what they meant on the show? Still, the news is....pretty off sometimes."

Milo watched Orville flip through depressing news channels and pulled their phone out of their pocket. “I’ve got a few episodes of this cartoon downloaded,” they offered, holding the phone out to him. “It’s this kinda obscure one about uh, forbidden love between a monster and a human, but it’s really cute. For kids. If, uh, you wanna watch? I can tell you what happened in the first few episodes.”

Orville glanced at Milo's phone. "Oh, sure!" He'd never seen too many cartoons - Maybe this could be fun. "I wouldn't mind checking it out."

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #258 on: November 23, 2018, 12:40:13 PM »

Milo smiled, tapped a few icons to open the first downloaded episode. “So, the purple monster with the ears and the redheaded human have been talking online without knowing who the other is, and at the end of the last episode, they agreed to meet up and got really pissed, because David—that’s the human—thought Amara was a human, and vice versa. This one starts with Amara realizing she’s maybe still in love with David, I think? Or maybe it’s—anyway.” Milo tapped play on the episode and passed their phone to Orville.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #259 on: November 23, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »

"Uh-huh." Orville tried to show he understood. He watched the show, which seemed....rather cute, really - Kind of cliche and unrealistic, but it seemed like a really sweet cartoon. He even found himself laughing at some of the visual gags and slip-ups of the protagonists. "This seems fun! I kind of like the, ah, blue one. Amara's roommate-type character. He's funny!"

A horn sounded from above, and the ship's movement slowed.

"Now approaching your new home: Grey Abyss Castle." The captain announced. "We will be docking shortly."

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #260 on: November 23, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »

"Yippee, our prison awaits." Abi snaked. "Separation from everyone we care about, and home to all the other souls brought hither in the name of 'peace'."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #261 on: November 23, 2018, 01:42:51 PM »

“What happened to all the people before us who were here? Are they still there? Or... are they gone?” Kaia asked. It was the first time she has ever thought about the going ons in the grey abyss castle.
Member since April 24th 2010

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #262 on: November 23, 2018, 01:46:13 PM »

She remembered a little. Though she adored her grandmother as a child and was always excited to see her, the visits were few and far between. "Sort of?" she replied. "She was pale but ashy. She had these black stripes on her arms and legs and cheeks. I also remember her dark blue hair. I remember being really confused though, because she looked so young but she was well over a hundred years old..." She stopped, glancing at Kalavhan. "Why do you ask?"
No reason, really. I was just curious. He heard the announcement and involuntarily shivered. He suddenly had a bad feeling about everything, one that was getting harder to ignore; and it had nothing to do with the looming darkness in the sky.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #263 on: November 23, 2018, 01:49:30 PM »

Aphis thought for a bit.
"I mean, they'd have to still be there, right? Grey Abyss Castle is just...where they live now. And...Where we live now." She sighed and stood, pocketing her snacks and darting to the fridge to grab some more. She didn't want to take any chances with hunger, and who knows what the food at this place is like?

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #264 on: November 23, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »

Milo frowned at the announcement. Somehow, arriving at the castle seemed less surreal than everything else—at least that was supposed to happen to the chosen.

- Catvomitsky

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #265 on: November 23, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »

Oz put down the bag of chips and soda to go stand with the others. "Should we go on deck to see?"

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #266 on: November 23, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »

"What, are they just going to keep us as prisoners there for the rest of our lives?" Lina said, horrified by the thought.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #267 on: November 23, 2018, 05:25:19 PM »

"Not if I have anything to say about it." Abi promised her. "I'll find a way to get you back to your boyfriend."

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2018, 04:45:41 AM »

Hearing Lina he couldn't help but wonder: were they prisoners? No, they couldn't be. But then again, when was the last time anyone had heard from any of the people who were previously chosen? He gulped, suddenly feeling like the castle were some sort of enormous beast prepared to swallow them whole.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2018, 05:04:04 AM »

"This castle must be huge then," Kaia said quietly. "If it's true that everyone ever chosen lives out the rest of their lives there..."
Member since April 24th 2010
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24