Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)  (Read 36482 times)

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
Re: Don't Fear the Abyss (New RP!)
« Reply #270 on: November 24, 2018, 05:11:32 AM »

Lina couldn’t help but wonder if there was something more sinister going on. What really happened to the previous chosen couples? If they were supposed to be symbols of peace, why wouldn’t they continue to put the couples on display? “I’m scared” she said admitted,

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2018, 05:22:20 AM »

"I won't let them hurt you Lina." Abi said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I wonder if there's a band I can join." Oz started up to the deck.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #272 on: November 24, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »

Aphis looked down, not wanting to express her own fear - It'd only make the situation worse. She followed Oz onto the deck of the ship and gasped.

Grey Abyss Castle was enormous - Looming, shining....Glowing?

Yes, glowing.
The castle had numerous lights casting a soft white glow, making the whole castle seem....Ethereal. There were towers, large windows, statues of beings that Aphis could recognize as 'Angels' - Creatures of old mythology who supposedly kept peace and love strong among the world. The stonework on the castle was polished and shining. The doors were enormous - Tall, reflective, polished obsidian.

It was a gorgeous castle. It was amazing, glowing and shining against the darkness. A beacon of light.

It almost made Aphis forget how trapped she felt.

The captain of the ship - A blonde human woman - stood now on the dock next to the boat to help the passengers onto the docks.
"Come now, let's not dilly dally." She smiled tightly. "Let's have you seeing your new home."

Orville took Milo's hand in his.
"Should we go up and, uh, see the place?" He asked.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2018, 12:16:01 PM »

“I guess?” Milo agreed. “I hope there’s Wi-Fi.”
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2018, 12:20:04 PM »

Abi kept close to Lina, offering her support. "It'll be ok." She said quietly.

Oz looked at Aphis. "Well I guess we'll see what they want from us, won't we?"
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #275 on: November 24, 2018, 12:21:34 PM »

Kaia walked a little behind Kalavhan. The fact that he was tall was something she appreciated for that moment; she could hide behind him and try to block out the sight in front of her.
Member since April 24th 2010

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #276 on: November 24, 2018, 12:30:52 PM »

“I guess?” Milo agreed. “I hope there’s Wi-Fi.”

Orville smiled. Milo seemed nice, if a bit more technologically reliant than he was. Or well, then again, Orville was a mechanic.
He kept Milo's hand in his as he headed up the stairs to the deck, letting out an impressed whistle as he saw the castle. Damn. This must've taken some impressive skill to make.
"This place looks...amazing." He observed.

Abi kept close to Lina, offering her support. "It'll be ok." She said quietly.

Oz looked at Aphis. "Well I guess we'll see what they want from us, won't we?"

Aphis looked at Oz, her feelings going from awe to loathing rather quickly. Right, it didn't matter how cool this place looked, she was stuck with this jerk.
"Yeah, I guess." She shrugged. She took the captain's hand and allowed herself to be helped out of the boat. She thanked the captain quietly and moved to give the other passengers space to get off the boat.

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #277 on: November 24, 2018, 12:40:54 PM »

Lina was thankful for Abi's kind words and support but nothing would make her feel better, not ever the dazzling castle that was supposed to be their new "home"

Lina made her way off the boat, eyeing the captain wearily as she went. Nothing about this situation was sitting well with her. "Why are they so eager to get us trapped inside?" she questioned.

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2018, 12:45:12 PM »

"I don't know." Abi told her. "I'm worried about that too."

Oz followed Aphis, still wallowing in his misery.

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2018, 12:47:32 PM »

"Maybe to make us forget about the whole...darkness thing?" Orville asked, motioning to the sky as he stepped off the boat onto the dock. He held out a hand for Milo, hoping to seem gentlemanly.

"You seem happy." Aphis muttered, crossing her lower set of arms as she looked at how miserable Oz seemed.

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »

"Forget about the darkness?" Kaia scoffed. "Not trying to be rude, but I really don't think that's going to happen."
Member since April 24th 2010

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #281 on: November 24, 2018, 02:18:13 PM »

Orville laughed softly. "Ah, well, I didn't say it would work, I was just...Trying to offer an explanation, I guess." He offered, feeling himself get a little embarrassed at how he said something so stupid.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »

Milo took Orville’s hand and hauled themself off the ship with a grateful smile. They’d gotten lucky with their randomly assigned partner, huh?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

GreyCaboose

• neeheehee
« Reply #283 on: November 24, 2018, 03:31:43 PM »

Orville smiled back at Milo, glad that he seemed to be being helpful. Milo was a nice person, Orville felt like he got pretty lucky. He could've been put with that angry blue girl, or the zappy chick. He wouldn't mind being paired with Kalavhan, he supposed, but in the end, Milo was probably the best of the four he could've been put with. He was pretty fortunate! He hoped Milo felt the same, but he supposed he'd never know.

A loud creak sounded from the doors, and the black doorways to the Grey Abyss Castle began to slowly open. A young man in thick glasses stepped out, holding hands with an incredibly tall furry woman with a.......large head and a larger smile full of long teeth, to say the least.

The man and woman waved, and the captain waved back.

"Those will be your tour guides." She explained.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #284 on: November 24, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »

The castle was far more splendid than anything Kalavhan could have imagined. It saddened him, though. He wished he could talk to his family, to let them know about everything he was seeing. He was certain his mother would have called it 'a little too much, don't you think?', but his siblings would have been delighted.

Kal stopped at the foot of the stairs leading up to the main entrance. The couple before them were clearly two previous chosen. They looked happy enough, which was nice Kalavhan supposed.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24