Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Smaller Odyssey RP  (Read 3070 times)

Eraisuithiel

A Smaller Odyssey RP
« on: August 11, 2019, 06:27:28 AM »

“Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is who you become.”

Yet another RP based around ancient Greece. This time, however, things will be a little different: there will be no gods, no demigods, no monsters, no powers: we're gettin' historically accurate, folks.

Okay, not really. I don't have the patience nor the hecks to give about total historical accuracy. What I'm saying is, there will be no supernatural whatsits in this RP. Our characters are normal, everyday citizens. Of course that doesn't mean their stories won't become epics.

And just some other things to note:
- The story will take place during the Classical Era, some time during the war between Sparta and Athens
- While gods and whatnot don't actually exist, our characters will believe they do. I'm not saying they have to all be super intensely religious, but come on: it's ancient Greece. Everyone believes in the gods, in monsters, legends, etc. etc.
- Positions! Jobs! There are lots of different things your character can do! Be a soldier, or a guard! A merchant, or a part of the pirate crew that raids their ships! A scholar, a healer, a priest or priestess, hell, even a slave if you want.
- The story will start off with all of our characters in Athens, though you don't have to be Athenian or from the city.

Standard rules apply, y'all know the drill.

Προς τα εμπρός!

Eraisuithiel

Re: A Smaller Odyssey RP
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 06:28:12 AM »

Aaand glitch post

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 06:44:48 AM »

I'm here for this.

Emma-la

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 06:47:06 AM »

Literally haven’t even read the synopsis yet but YES IM IN
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 06:52:42 AM »

Heck yeah you're both in
Aaand card:

Name:
Personality:
Job/ Position:
History/ Other:

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 06:56:19 AM »

ooooooh how can I resist this :P

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 09:01:08 AM »

I wanna play! I miss RPs on here!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 04:10:57 AM »

Heck yes to both of you!
And I probably won't be able to post my character until later today or tomorrow, so yall can take your time with yours

Emma-la

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 05:41:23 AM »

Same for me cool cool

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 04:49:19 AM »

Name: Patrathea
Appearance: Small and lithe with deep brown skin, bundles of messy curls, and bright, youthful eyes, Patrathea is the poster child of feminine innocence. She keeps her hair tied back with intricate braids held together with ribbons, and she is most often seen wearing pale pink (her favourite colour)
Personality: Contrary to her appearance, Patrathea is a fiery young woman who would rather die than to back down from a challenge (especially if it means someone questioning her honour). Of course, being a sheltered girl means she can also be quite naive.
Job/ Position: Currently helps her mother around the home, although she hopes to become a temple priestess someday
History/ Other: The younger sister of Markos, Patrathea has spent her life being sheltered by her mother and brother for reasons she does not know. Her father died when she was too young to remember him, and she can't help but feel like her 'bird-in-a-cage' existence has something to do with that.

Name: Markos
Appearance: Similar to his sister in terms of complexion and hair, though he is quite a bit taller and his eyes are much darker. He keeps his hair relatively long and his facial hair neat, and is most often sporting his armour, which is light yet durable.
Personality: Markos is a laid-back, yet often cocky goofball. His arrogance tends to get him into trouble often (which is where his fighting skills come in handy).
Job/ Position: Guard (more of a freelance position, as he'll work for whoever pays him the most)
History/ Other: After the death of his father when he was a child he became the man if his household, swearing to the gods that he would protect his mother and sister no matter the cost.

Emma-la

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 12:10:23 PM »

I’m working on mine tonight!

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 01:53:15 PM »

I’ve got a bit of a busy week but I’ll get my card up soon! I’ve got a character concept, just gotta write it out!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 08:22:08 AM »

Well hopefully anyone else is gonna post their card soon? I was hoping to start soon

Emma-la

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 08:55:28 AM »

Yes I’ll get mine done soon! I have names, I’m trying to decide whether I should try for two character?

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2019, 11:31:46 AM »

I'd say go for it, at this rate it'll probably just be us three -_-
Pages: [1] 2