Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 126

Author Topic: Things That Remind you of Leviathan/Behemoth/Goliath:  (Read 106604 times)

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!
Re: Things That Remind you of Leviathan/Behemoth/Goliath:
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2011, 06:03:57 AM »

Actually, I was talking about Titanic the movie.
There are all the right conditons: One's an orphan, the other's supposed to be disgustingly wealthy and high class but isn't really, one of them is an artist, one of them has red hair and green eyes (i know Alek's hair is reddish brown), one has blonde hair and light green eyes (i know Deryn's eyes are blue, close enough), one of them has come close to dying and been saved by the other, they're completly forbidden to fall in love, and the guy gets arrested twice.
Oh yeah, and their personalities remind me of Alek and Deryn.
Jack's personality is like a more street-smart Alek, and Rose has Deryn's spunk and all that.

I always think of Titanic too. Only Deryn reminds me more of Jack because she seems a little more stree-wise, and then the drawing of course. And Alek more like Rose because they both have reddish hair and they are both rich, and sort of sheltered until they meet Deryn/Jack. And I can totally imagine Deryn teaching Alek how to spit.

"Have you never thought of walking Tazza yourself?"

Dr. Barlow's eyes widened a bit. "What an odd suggestion."

"Mighty unsavory," her loris said.

Awesomegoat

• I'm so dangerous, yo!
« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2011, 06:07:21 AM »

I wish she would teach ME to spit.
This is my siggie... I don't know what to write in it...well, I COULD discuss the molecular tissue of a potato...but I don't even know what it is, so I guess I can't XP

Shadow

• ^previously Ms. Ashdown/Skye Redlin.
« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2011, 06:44:17 AM »

Yes, I can imagine Deryn teaching Alek how to spit.
But I honestly think that Jack is shyer then Rose and a bit less spunky. I mean, Alek would NEVER pose naked for Deryn. (even if he knew she was a girl). And if Deryn did it to him, he would most certainly be blushing, like Jack was. Also Jack was the one who was trembling during the ...er...carriage scene.
I mean, it's not necesarily the situation but the personalities that remind me of them.
"You don't know what it's like
to be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark,
to be kicked, when you're down, feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down and no one's there to save you, no you don't know what it's like....welcome to my life." -simple plan

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!
« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2011, 06:57:39 AM »

But I honestly think that Jack is shyer then Rose and a bit less spunky. I mean, Alek would NEVER pose naked for Deryn. (even if he knew she was a girl). And if Deryn did it to him, he would most certainly be blushing, like Jack was. Also Jack was the one who was trembling during the ...er...carriage scene.
I mean, it's not necesarily the situation but the personalities that remind me of them.

That makes sense. I love shy Alek.

Shadow

• ^previously Ms. Ashdown/Skye Redlin.
« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2011, 06:59:54 AM »

That makes sense. I love shy Alek.
Oh yes. Shy guys are the best. <3
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:33:34 AM by Skye Redlin »
"You don't know what it's like
to be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark,
to be kicked, when you're down, feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down and no one's there to save you, no you don't know what it's like....welcome to my life." -simple plan

PhoenixAshes

• "I am about to die."
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2011, 03:00:29 AM »

So, the other day I picked up a book called Happenstance Found by P.W. Catanese, and by chapter four I was introduced to the leviathan barge.... Here's a pic of it:

Anyway, it was pretty much impossible for me to not compare it to the Leviathan. Now I can't help but think of Leviathan while reading this book. Though, Scott's Leviathan totally wins! :D

Prestidigitation

• flying whales ftw.
« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2011, 03:30:34 AM »

Right now, I can pretty much draw a connection to Leviathan from anything....xDD

But one thing is the band, FRANZ FERDINAND.
Heh heh.  ::) I listen to their songs and think of giant machines that can stand up and Tasmanian Tigers.

AND ALSO, the fact that on my history exam I was BEAST on anything that had to do with World War I. As long as I didn't accidentally mention hydrogen breathers or anything.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:32:43 AM by Prestidigitation »

"Undercover, Mr. Sharp!" - Bovril
"Deryn waved her arms, trying to indicate the sledge, movement, and the general notion of destruction." - Leviathan, 341
"And for the knots." - Goliath, 397

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #247 on: July 01, 2011, 03:35:13 AM »

Well i was in Science then my teach sed were gunna do a project about Charles Darwin.... i was likE OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :O :O :O :O
You're filled with determination

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!
« Reply #248 on: July 01, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »

I saw a street sign that said Churchill. Now any normal person would see that and think of the British prime minister. But of course, being the crazy fangirl that I am, I immediately thought of the dude who ticked off Dr. Barlow.  :P

Awesomegoat

• I'm so dangerous, yo!
« Reply #249 on: July 06, 2011, 07:39:29 AM »

Whenever i see a whale…
This is my siggie... I don't know what to write in it...well, I COULD discuss the molecular tissue of a potato...but I don't even know what it is, so I guess I can't XP

niggledafiggle

• It's underground.
« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »

!!

"Sir, I regret to inform you that we're surrounded."
"Excellent. We can attack in all directions!"

Purple_oranges

« Reply #251 on: July 23, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »

In history we were doing WW1 and my friend (who has read the book as well) and I kept thinking of leviathan and laughing. A lot of people looked at us weirdly including the teacher. We were doing a mind map and I knew a lot of things from lthe books and reading the history bit a the end of leviathan.
I know reading the history bit at the back kind of ruins the book but it was about the fifth time I had read both books and was waiting for goliath and desperately needed something else!
Rose: Doctor, they've got guns.
The Doctor: And I haven't. Which makes me the better person, don't you think? They can shoot me dead, but the moral high ground is mine!

--Doctor Who

RandomPieGirl

• omg squirrels buddies forever!!!!!!
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »

Omg, so at school last year, we were reading the annocements (spelling fail) and it said that some guy named "Alec Walker" had started a fencing club! I spazzed out in my chair cuz it's like alek, only spelled with a c, and walker like stormwalker (well no duh)... And we all know alek likes to fence.... Heh, the teacher gave me a funny look.
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"

Seven

• Mad as a hatter!
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2011, 12:13:13 PM »

Omg, so at school last year, we were reading the annocements (spelling fail) and it said that some guy named "Alec Walker" had started a fencing club! I spazzed out in my chair cuz it's like alek, only spelled with a c, and walker like stormwalker (well no duh)... And we all know alek likes to fence.... Heh, the teacher gave me a funny look.

That's really cool!

I saw a truck that said "Barlow."  Has anyone else seen those trucks?

RandomPieGirl

• omg squirrels buddies forever!!!!!!
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »

I haven't seen one.... But now I wanna!
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 126