Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 126

Author Topic: Things That Remind you of Leviathan/Behemoth/Goliath:  (Read 106437 times)

glass_breaker97

Re: Things That Remind you of Leviathan/Behemoth/Goliath:
« Reply #840 on: October 27, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »

I recently saw a loris on TV and was like "nothing compared to Bovril!"
Volkswagen (a German car company), anyone with a Scottish accent (BBC Life filming crew had a Scottish guy, I think). I can't stop seeing Leviathan! <3
Was the smile you saw today real? or just a mask?

Klarsynet

• I like children.
« Reply #841 on: October 30, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »

So, I went to the half-price bookstore today, looking for Airborn and Leviathan. Anyway, so I was stuck between a few books and I wanted to find out more about a book I left back at the store. So, it's a steampunk book about an giant airship called the Worldshaker. (Also the name of the book) I found out more about it, like how it was originally supposed to be called Leviathan. I laughed.

Dinosaurs-in-Airplanes

• Swimming Dragon
« Reply #842 on: October 30, 2011, 01:34:46 PM »

I found this steampunk book called steampunk i was like Woah. That weird how opt we
Almost called leviathan but I think this leviathnisbetepqr
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Haikyuu

--Member of the small jaw club-- c:

Levi-la

« Reply #843 on: October 31, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »

So we're learning WWI in history, and when I found out I sort of... well, hyperventilated.  And when we had vocab words to do, I was silently praying, "please let me get Archduke Franz Ferdinand, please let me get Archduke Franz Ferdinand!!"  over and over...

so my point is, I'm currently in a Leviathan-reminder bomb in school, and I can't become fangirly because no one else in my class knows Leviathan and will think I'm psycho... :(
*Wild book appears*...AFTER IT!!! *runs after book w/ butterfly net*

DALEK 4EVA <33

look up an image of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and you'll find where Volger's mustache of epicness came from...

Dinosaurs-in-Airplanes

• Swimming Dragon
« Reply #844 on: October 31, 2011, 09:58:05 AM »

So we're learning WWI in history, and when I found out I sort of... well, hyperventilated.  And when we had vocab words to do, I was silently praying, "please let me get Archduke Franz Ferdinand, please let me get Archduke Franz Ferdinand!!"  over and over...

so my point is, I'm currently in a Leviathan-reminder bomb in school, and I can't become fangirly because no one else in my class knows Leviathan and will think I'm psycho... :(

Welll did you get it!!?? sorry really wanted to know!!  ;D
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Haikyuu

Levi-la

« Reply #845 on: October 31, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »

Yessss I got it!!! first time my prayer has been answered!!!  ;D I almost jumped out of my seat shouting "yess!!!" oh and I also got Clan- ahem I mean Central powers  :D
*Wild book appears*...AFTER IT!!! *runs after book w/ butterfly net*

DALEK 4EVA <33

look up an image of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and you'll find where Volger's mustache of epicness came from...

Dinosaurs-in-Airplanes

• Swimming Dragon
« Reply #846 on: October 31, 2011, 12:44:43 PM »

yous gots it!!!!  ;D *highfive* woo....I would have like done like a mini fist pump so no one thinks im crazy!!  ;D Hahah clan...central powers heheh  ;D

kay101

• TORCHES
« Reply #847 on: October 31, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »

I didn't have as happy of an ending as that. See, we were doing trivia and the question was, "What city used to be called Constantinople?" and my team didn't know. 2 months later, I read Behemoth, and cursed myself for not reading it sooner.
Life is hard. After all, it kills you.
-Katherine Hepburn

"Bye Buddy, hope you find your dad!"
"Thanks Mr. Narwhal!"

"What a colossal exercise in idiocy."
-Alek, Goliath

You know whats wrong with you? Nothing.
-Audrey Hepburn, Charade

These pretzels are making me thirsty!
-Kramer, Seinfeld

Dinosaurs-in-Airplanes

• Swimming Dragon
« Reply #848 on: October 31, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »

Awww  :-\  well I guess now you know!!!!  ;D Hate when stuff like that happens

GloomiVegi

• c'est pas sorcier :)
« Reply #849 on: November 01, 2011, 07:01:39 AM »

that is so cool! i am too!!!! 
i don't care that they stole my idea...i care that they don't have any of their own ~ Nikola Tesla

FEAR THE BUG!!

stopthattime_rave

« Reply #850 on: November 01, 2011, 08:10:04 AM »

COMPLETELY jealous of the both of you. :P I've got the Constitution, Bill of Rights, yatta yatta. And what really sucks is that my project won't load on my computer at home, aargh. So poor Rave. Missy's gonna KILL ME TOMORROW...*whimpers*
Don't tell me the sky's the limit. We've landed on the moon!
DANCE WITH ME! Hey, look, chocolate.
Everyone's got their song. Sing it and be proud of who you are.
BARKING D'ARVITING SPIDERS!~

Dinosaurs-in-Airplanes

• Swimming Dragon
« Reply #851 on: November 01, 2011, 10:02:04 AM »

COMPLETELY jealous of the both of you. :P I've got the Constitution, Bill of Rights, yatta yatta. And what really sucks is that my project won't load on my computer at home, aargh. So poor Rave. Missy's gonna KILL ME TOMORROW...*whimpers*

I have the same thing but we had to work in groups and we had to stop one of my wise group members from darwing a pony on ur poster...How wonderful!!  ::)  ;D

Lightning4

« Reply #852 on: November 01, 2011, 10:14:35 AM »

I was just reading a book preview online, and it said something about something called a Goliath, and I FREAKED OUT.

Dinosaurs-in-Airplanes

• Swimming Dragon
« Reply #853 on: November 01, 2011, 10:18:18 AM »

Im reading the red badge of courage and on the inside cover and it says charles darwin I was freaking out!! we are very obbssesd with leviathan aren't we my sister thinks im crazy!!  :o  ;D

Lightning4

« Reply #854 on: November 01, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »

Yes!!! ;D
Although my sibling thought I was crazy even before I read Leviathan! Leviathan is one of my 2 1/2 book obsessions.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 126