Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678]

Author Topic: Currently Reading  (Read 931449 times)

Emma-la

Re: Currently Reading
« Reply #10155 on: March 22, 2021, 02:14:09 PM »

Currently rereading Inkdeath and after this I think I'm gonna try Mask of Mirrors
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Tabac vie

« Reply #10156 on: March 23, 2021, 11:05:09 AM »

Currently rereading Inkdeath and after this I think I'm gonna try Mask of Mirrors

let me know how Mask of Mirrors is....its far down on my list but looks interesting.
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms- to choose one's attitdue in any given circumstance, to choose one's own way. - Vicktor E Frankl

Emma-la

« Reply #10157 on: March 24, 2021, 08:38:15 AM »

I will! I'm reading pretty slow rn because I have to finish some final essays first
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Catvomitsky

• I'm pro-opera and I vote
« Reply #10158 on: March 24, 2021, 09:06:38 AM »

Finally getting around to Chain of Gold, it?s a slow start but damn. Cassie?s writing has a way of pulling in the reader even if it?s just no plot for a hundred pages

I'm reading Chain of Iron right now and breezing through it. I'll say it a million times, her books are crack. I know they are bad but I just can't stop. lol nothing has even happened, 400 pages in and I still can't put the darn book down!
Yes this. I haven?t been able to get Chain of Iron yet but I?m so hype. This series in particular is basically a soap opera

GeeBeezy

« Reply #10159 on: March 25, 2021, 04:57:22 PM »

I have read three novels in the past week. Two of them were big. I have started a fourth. This is. Significant for me. I went YEARS without reading a novel and now I'm just. Readin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leSj7SVX_dg

抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

All of human history is alcohol and horses.

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

Seek and ye shall find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

Catvomitsky

« Reply #10160 on: March 26, 2021, 11:39:04 AM »

Now I?m reading the Ghosts of the Shadow Market collection because it provides like half the context for The Last Hours. And while I?m kind of annoyed that all this content is wrapped up in a tangentially related collection, I?m really enjoying it. It?s a lot better so far than I remember most of the other novella collections being. Maybe it?s just more to my taste, but I?m really appreciating the way Clare writes ~queer issues~ and other topics compared to how she did in the past. In some of the other books it felt either preachy or disingenuous or both but idk I?m really feeling this one.

Catvomitsky

« Reply #10161 on: June 19, 2021, 01:12:14 AM »

I have read three novels in the past week. Two of them were big. I have started a fourth. This is. Significant for me. I went YEARS without reading a novel and now I'm just. Readin.
This happened to me when the forum was down. Also, finished Chain of Iron (mentioned earlier in this thread), and the latest Impostors book! Currently reading Paper Moon/Addie Pray (published under two names), which is really good, also go watch the 70's movie Paper Moon if you haven't seen it, because it's legit one of my favorite films ever. I also started Six of Crows, which I'm liking so far but eeeoh boy some YA fantasy tropes do indeed bug me.

Echo :)

« Reply #10162 on: July 03, 2021, 01:22:36 AM »

After all these years I finally started reading Leviathan.
You could rattle the stars. You could do anything, if only you dared.
ToG

niggledafiggle

• It's underground.
« Reply #10163 on: July 05, 2021, 03:11:55 AM »

Goodness I had no idea you had never read the series! Always exciting when you get to start a new book, I always love the beginnings.

What took you so long to start it though?

"Sir, I regret to inform you that we're surrounded."
"Excellent. We can attack in all directions!"

GeeBeezy

« Reply #10164 on: July 06, 2021, 03:47:09 PM »

NDF! What's up!? :D It's been years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leSj7SVX_dg

抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

All of human history is alcohol and horses.

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

Seek and ye shall find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

« Reply #10165 on: July 09, 2021, 11:36:21 AM »

Goodness I had no idea you had never read the series! Always exciting when you get to start a new book, I always love the beginnings.

What took you so long to start it though?

Haha, yeah. Apparently I hid my oblivion well all those years. I'm not sure what took me so long. When I first came to the forum I was a major Uglies fan, had read Peeps, and Midnighters as well. I guess I just never came across the book at the right time and then moved into different authors and stories and kinda forgot that I hadn't ever read them. I just recently got back into reading a little at a time after a few years with very little patience/ time and picked up a copy.
ToG

niggledafiggle

• It's underground.
« Reply #10166 on: July 09, 2021, 06:27:19 PM »

NDF! What's up!? :D It's been years.

Hey GB. :D
It's weird but has been literally years which seems crazy haha, but aside from Covid things have been great with most things except my reading habits. Recently started reading seriously again and I suddenly remembered these forums.

"Sir, I regret to inform you that we're surrounded."
"Excellent. We can attack in all directions!"

« Reply #10167 on: September 01, 2021, 04:19:36 AM »

I feel like I've become such a slow reader now that I actually have to get things done in real life. I've gone against all of my readerly rules and am reading at painfully slow paces 3 different books. Still working through Leviathan, reading Serpent and Dove, and The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding.
ToG
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678]