Possibly because I made a big deal out of her excellent new haircut, Gwenda Bond has cast down a challenge upon me. It’s one of those blog-meme chain-letter things, where if I don’t answer five questions, I shall be cast into a fiery hell. Well, then.
1. The person (or persons) who passed the baton to you.
2. Total volume of music files on your computer.
8.5 Gigs, 6.5 days of music, 1991 songs
3. The title and artist of the last CD you bought.
Physical media? Phah. My last iTunes purchase was “Hustle Rose,” by Canadian artsy-electronicky band Metric.
4. Songs playing at the moment of writing.
None. But the bell of the Ukranian church down the street is ringing, which apparently has something to do with Sunday.
5. Five songs you have been listening to of late (or all-time favorites, or particularly personally meaningful songs).
According to my iTunes counter, I’ve been playing:
“Hustle Rose” by Metric
“Pocket Knife” by PJ Harvey
“Mariama” by Baaba Maal
“Midnight in a Perfect World” by DJ Shadow
“Don’t Look Back” by Luscious Jackson
6. The five people to whom you will ‘pass the musical baton.’
I refuse. I break the chain. I call upon the fires to consume me.
But I promise not to mention Gwenda’s new haircut again.