UPDATE: This chat already happened. But you can read the transcript here. It’s pretty funny, I think.
Here are some ways in which the chat may be interesting:
1) Sarah and Justine wrote the novel together in secret. They didn’t even tell their agents! (Sort of like eloping.)
2) It was the first novel either of them had collaborated on.
3) They have very different writing styles. (Sarah outlines everything. Justine wings it.)
4) They live on different continents. (Sarah was in Ireland during the writing, and Justine in NYC.)
5) And finally, the book itself is a paranormal romance, but it’s not about a girl who’s in love with the vampire. It’s about her best friend . . .
Basically, Team Human is the story what happens when your best friend falls in love, and then starts ignoring you. Except when she’s telling you in endless detail how amazing her new boyfriend is, or when she comes to cry on your shoulder when things aren’t working out. In short, TH is about how friendship can suffer when love is in the air, and about how much worse the suffering gets when the new boyfriend is a gorgeous immortal bloodsucker, and wants to turn your BFF into one too.
So we’ll probably be discussing the genre of paranormals overall, and how Sarah and Justine wanted to shake the usual formula up a bit.
But when does this chat happen?
Tonight! (Sunday, July 8)
8PM Eastern US Time
5PM on the west coast and 10AM Monday in Australia.
And here’s the official trailer: